Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Dead eye.  When I first started the game, the dead eye would put an X marker on heads if I moved the cursor over people , so that I could chain up a few headshots in one go.

Now, I seem to only be able to use dead eye to slow the game down and pick out a shot manually, but it doesn't let me chain up.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I can't think of a setting I've changed.

10 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Dead eye.  When I first started the game, the dead eye would put an X marker on heads if I moved the cursor over people , so that I could chain up a few headshots in one go.

Now, I seem to only be able to use dead eye to slow the game down and pick out a shot manually, but it doesn't let me chain up.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I can't think of a setting I've changed.

As Deadeye gets more improved you need to tag your shots manually using R1 to chain them up.

Onto the Epilogue

Spoilers below for anyone viewing on the app

What the f**k is going on? First my horse, my beautiful horse gets killed (You're my girl Blue, you're my girl).

I always knew there was something about Micah. Even after that first snow mission I didn't like him.

And the first mission? A bat shit boring drive your wagon from A to B. Get this pish back to RDR. Fucking John Marston pish! [emoji6]

On 12/10/2018 at 22:21, Fuctifano said:

Just tried the 17 minute dry dash from Van Horn to Blackwater.  Did it in 15 (including pauses to reset way point but I'm assuming game doesn't count that) and didn't get the  completion. Must have stood in a muddy puddle somewhere. Fuming.

Did it third time lucky, second time I got wiped out by a train crossing the bridge at flatneck station. That was not fun.

I know it doesn't happen until late in the game, but when the map opens up and you can get into Blackwater without being accosted by a zillion bounty hunters, the feeling of going back in, it's like nothing else I've felt in a game, I recognised the path in down by the church.  Was like going somewhere on holiday that you'd been to 8 years previously.

As others have said it's a shame the "old" bit of the map has been left so empty story-wise and is seemingly being kept for online only and mopping up the odd collectable.

I think I finally "get" this game, much in the same way it took me quite a while to get into the Witcher.  Spoilers below for end of chapter 3 start of 4.

Got to the mission where Jack's been taken.  Probably the new father in me, but painting him as the high-pitched "gee golly gosh" kid in peril in previous missions was quite effective.  So when he gets grabbed they pitch it very well.  That scene with you all riding in line heading to the Braithwaites, with the score soaring in the background is THE moment so far in the game.  Mission following it isn't bad either, perfectly shot.  

And Saint Denis...wow.  I had deliberately avoided going anywhere near there, despite it being possible, as I wanted that big impact when the game wanted you to have it.  Not disappointed either, and actually very surprised with it not being what I expected.  Close windy streets, all the industry, the docks, the class divides...I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun there.

Then you get Jack back.  Quite surprised at how "easy" it was, and thought it'd form most of the rest of the story (although I guess it still might) but when he gets back to the camp and everyone gathers round, I just sat down on the spare seat by the fire and took it all in.  

Rockstar have well and truly done it again.  This game is magnificent.

Next one will likely be GTA6 in about a million years.  Financially they'll still be making a killing off of GTA Online, and Red Dead Online will probably go the same way.  Amazing what a bit of good faith can do for you when you're probably selling just as predatory microtransactions as companies like EA.

18 minutes ago, forameus said:

Next one will likely be GTA6 in about a million years.  Financially they'll still be making a killing off of GTA Online, and Red Dead Online will probably go the same way.  Amazing what a bit of good faith can do for you when you're probably selling just as predatory microtransactions as companies like EA.

Rumour is the next one is Bully / Canis Canem Edit 2. 

Much as I loved this, I think that's the story of the van der Linde Gang pretty much told*, if an RDR 3 appears in a decade or so I think it would have to be a totally different group and perhaps set further back in time again (civil war era?) 

*I guess loose ends could be mopped up via DLC but as you say the online is the cash cow so sadly I don't see any happening - unless I'm going mental I can't remember any story dlc for gta v.