Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

About 33% of the story done. Just starting now to suffer from bounties etc. Think having allowed my honour to drop back down towards the halfway mark might be affecting this although obviously smashing up Strawberry with Micah was unavoidable.

For some reason I elected to attack a farmer earlier. Killed his Ox and skinned it then hogtied and stabbed a witness. The honour system sometimes is in danger of preventing you just going full GTA....

Anyway such is my addiction to this that it will likely prevent me from watching any football tonight....

On 12/4/2018 at 11:06, Gaz said:

Right, I'm just going to call it.

This game is undoubtedly spectacular. It's gorgeous to look at. It's technically magnificent.

But for massive chunks of the game it's not very, well, fun. It feels like a chore to play. I haven't played it in a week, and I'm not really missing it.

By contrast, I picked up Uncharted 4 for £8 at the weekend, and can't put it down.

Those are pretty much my thoughts as well. I got to the end of chapter 2 a few weeks ago and have zero interest in playing any further at the moment. I'm having much more fun playing AC Odyssey, Hitman 2 and MGS V right now.

I had a similar situation where RDR 1 didn't click with me for a long time, but I eventually went back to it and loved it, so hopefully something similar will happen for RDR 2.

Don't get me wrong, I really, really enjoy it.

I don't get a lot of time to play games any more, so when I do, I don't particularly want to play a game where I need to ride a horse for five minutes to get to a bit of action. I'd rather just have something I can jump straight into.

On the epilogue, but I now think I may have rushed through without drinking it all in.

I was too intrigued with where the story would go, to worry about much else.

Can see a second playthrough being on the cards soon though, being a right bad bstrd this time though. 

On the epilogue, but I now think I may have rushed through without drinking it all in.
I was too intrigued with where the story would go, to worry about much else.
Can see a second playthrough being on the cards soon though, being a right bad bstrd this time though. 

Exactly what I've done. Just take the time to create two save games after you're out of the snow so you don't have to go through it again: my compendium is probably already more complete than it was the first playthrough and that's just with hanging around Valentine in the horseshoe overlook camp.

It's only taken a month or so but I'm finally on chapter 3 :thumsup2 At this rate I'll have it finished over the Christmas holidays.
Still loving every moment, too. 
I'm exactly the same as you. There's so much to do, I'm just enjoying it as much as possible.

After having to start completely over after being half way through Chapter 4, I’m now at the beginning of Chapter 2. I’d initially decided to play as a good guy, but have changed into a murdering son of a bitch and enjoy it greatly. 

Opposed to flying through the missions, I am just roaming and doing anything I find. 

I think you have to have a spare few hours to play this, doesn’t really work if you play in half hour spells.

I took a bit of a different tack last night when playing this.  Starting in the Grizzlies, I opened up the map, zoomed in, and looked for the nearest building, then off I went to investigate, then onto the next nearest building.  I came across some proper remote little log cabins that I ordinarily may not have seen.

There were lots of little gems to discover - random letters left, some decent cigarette cards and silver pocket watches etc and one cabin in Big Valley contained a surprise when I opened the door that made me utterly shite myself.

What a game.

The hunting requests are a pain in the arse. I can’t fucking find a robin. They spawn at the river at Roanoke but you have to be quite a bit far away, then you can’t get a clean shot with the varmint rifle.

Then bang shot the wee red breasted c**t oot the sky. Celebration dance the lot.

Notification “Good Robin Carcass”

f**k you Red Dead, f**k you.

I took a bit of a different tack last night when playing this.  Starting in the Grizzlies, I opened up the map, zoomed in, and looked for the nearest building, then off I went to investigate, then onto the next nearest building.  I came across some proper remote little log cabins that I ordinarily may not have seen.
There were lots of little gems to discover - random letters left, some decent cigarette cards and silver pocket watches etc and one cabin in Big Valley contained a surprise when I opened the door that made me utterly shite myself.
What a game.

That's what I do now. Came across a cool wee taxidermist house and found a letter about someone going off to get their bride... no doubt these are things you see in the later stages of the game when times moved on but if you don't pick up these things you wouldn't notice.

Also came across the second serial killer clue, after not seeing it my whole 1st playthrough. Wee bit of extra time in and around the camp and see so much.