Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I can only imagine the people saying Arthur Morgan is the best character ever have never played the first red dead, John is, IMO, a much better character. I would absolutely love to see the original game carried on from this one. Didn't see enough of John in this one for me

How far are you on?

Just caught the legendary moose. That thing was some size, could have easily killed me if it wasn’t such a shitebag.
After the mauling I took at the hands of the bear I have so far been disappointed with the legendary animals I have nailed. Think I got the coyote and the elk. Both were piss easy.

After the mauling I took at the hands of the bear I have so far been disappointed with the legendary animals I have nailed. Think I got the coyote and the elk. Both were piss easy.

The wolf gave me a bit of a challenge. Think the challenge is more in the finding/ hunt for them rather the confrontation with it. Especially since you can just blast a legendary to pieces and not ruin it compared to normal animals.

The legendary animals are easy although I haven't yet got the cougar, the wolf was fine and all the non predatory animals are easy. The legendary fish I've found harder.

The absolute geekiest thing I noticed is there's a story mission in chapter 5 where Arthur walks up to Dutch who starts shouting out chess moves with no chess board etc in sight.

The first two moves he shouts out ( white pawn to d4 and black replies with pawn to f5) is known as the Dutch defence. I refuse to believe that's coincidence.

Should hopefully finish the story this week, I've got a save at a decent point where I can go back and mop up all the challenges now.

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I am finding it fucking impossible to find a rabbit unless I am on my b*****ding horse goin at 50mph.

Pristine don't exist, IMO

Managed to get three in twenty minutes using the varmint gun. You don't need the small game arrows after all. No more killing birds to make those fucking arrows only to lose them chasing rabbits for me.

Trying to do a five card trick at pontoon now, this is going to be fun.:rolleyes:

Managed to get three in twenty minutes using the varmint gun. You don't need the small game arrows after all. No more killing birds to make those fucking arrows only to lose them chasing rabbits for me.
Trying to do a five card trick at pontoon now, this is going to be fun.:rolleyes:

The Varmint rifle is a great purchase. Just a shame it still destroys squirrels and some smaller birds.

Played this for about 3 hours last night and didn't complete a single mission.  Went and got my new horse, then rode as far West as I could on the map and then turned round and headed east.  Got to a place called Van Horn, accidentally bumped into someone crossing the street and ended up having to slaughter about a dozen folk with my pump action shotgun.

Fun night.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Played this for about 3 hours last night and didn't complete a single mission.  Went and got my new horse, then rode as far West as I could on the map and then turned round and headed east.  Got to a place called Van Horn, accidentally bumped into someone crossing the street and ended up having to slaughter about a dozen folk with my pump action shotgun.

Fun night.

I haven't done a mission in 3 nights, just been exploring. 

Went river fishing for an hour without realising. 

Just now, mizfit said:

I haven't done a mission in 3 nights, just been exploring. 

Went river fishing for an hour without realising. 

My wife had been out at Silverburn and came back in whilst I was playing.  I didn't realise that she had been sitting watching me fishing for 5 minutes before she piped up "What the f**k are you doing?"

I swear I'm cursed in Strawberry. Every time I go near that place it ends up in a fucking riot. Last night I left the shop and some lad started boxing with me (possibly my fault) so instead of knocking lumps into him I thought maybe I can just hogtie him and leave him there while I head off. Next thing I get done for kidnapping and half the town starts shooting at me. 

I swear I'm cursed in Strawberry. Every time I go near that place it ends up in a fucking riot. Last night I left the shop and some lad started boxing with me (possibly my fault) so instead of knocking lumps into him I thought maybe I can just hogtie him and leave him there while I head off. Next thing I get done for kidnapping and half the town starts shooting at me. 
Yeah similar. I encountered the KKK again so this time I lassoed and hogtied the Grand PooBa (or whatever he's called). Took him to the nearest train track to get squished but on the way through a town I pressed the wrong button, and as I put him back on the horse I was accused of kidnapping and it all kicked off.

I got 3 perfect rabbit pelts and a skunk one last night just from riding from the oil field to the trapper closest to the overlook!

In my first playthrough I suffered through that O'Driscoll fanny giving me stick every time I went in and out of Valentine. Last night in my new cunty mode I lassooed the p***k dragged him to the wee cliff where you meet the strange man and threw him off. Very enjoyable. Used to try and avoid encounters with the O'Driscolls last time but actively going out my way to get them here.

Also, I've noticed now I'm hunting so much, I think it increases your health bar for some reason?