Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I'm gonna go and finish it completely tonight, then start a new one afterwards, being an arsehole and getting round to everything. First play through I think I've been tempted to sub consciously rush through it a bit more to find out what happens, once I know I'll be able to take my time and do all the stranger stuff, hunting etc and partake in more robbing and what not.

Not even going to touch the online side of it, just not interested (mainly due to how much a shit-show GTA V became)

Depending upon your honor, the dialogue in the cut scenes change to reflect that, not sure if it's a big enough change, but enough to justify a second play though to see.

There are some odd interactions in the game IMO. One tonight where I came across a white dot. Was a young lad skimming stones and bleating about his burd. Spoke to him, but then absolutely nothing happened. No wee mission or help or anything. Has happened a few times like that.

8 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Anybody met Bertrand?

Striking resemblance to Scott Brown IMO.

Also.

Mrs Downes.............wid not.

I found that bit quite uncomfortable actually.

Before I get accused of snowflakery, it wouldn’t have bothered me as much in a GTA game, but it felt really jarring here.

There are some odd interactions in the game IMO. One tonight where I came across a white dot. Was a young lad skimming stones and bleating about his burd. Spoke to him, but then absolutely nothing happened. No wee mission or help or anything. Has happened a few times like that.

The more and more time you play the more everything becomes relevant... [emoji102]

I done the snow missions again this morning after fully completing game last night. Made two saves so I can just go straight past the snow again.

Have 4 saves now all from different stages of the game.

I have started my life as dishonourable Arthur it's much more fun, I'm also enjoying it so much more because I'm taking my time to explore etc.

Already know what happens so no need to rush through. Already come across things I haven't in first play through because of that, also seen virtually the whole map so exploring in more detail the areas around each camp instead of wondering off trekking about the whole world.

As much as I'm enjoying RDR Online, it's one hell of a grind.  

I won a race series and got less than $2.  You also get almost the same for doing a mission or robbing a stage.

This has "pay to win incoming" written all over it.  c***s.

12 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I am seeing pristine rabbits in my sleep just now. I just can't catch them. Grrr.

I am finding it fucking impossible to find a rabbit unless I am on my b*****ding horse goin at 50mph.

Pristine don't exist, IMO

As much as I'm enjoying RDR Online, it's one hell of a grind.  
I won a race series and got less than $2.  You also get almost the same for doing a mission or robbing a stage.
This has "pay to win incoming" written all over it.  c***s.

Wouldn't even judge it until its out of Beta to be honest. I dunno how much I'll venture into the online stuff, maybe end up on it a lot but the single player campaign has that much stuff to do the now. I've heard that all progress made on the beta will be scrapped when it goes fully finished, that true or? Big criticism of it has been the online 'economy' so suspect they'll change it somehow.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wouldn't even judge it until its out of Beta to be honest. I dunno how much I'll venture into the online stuff, maybe end up on it a lot but the single player campaign has that much stuff to do the now. I've heard that all progress made on the beta will be scrapped when it goes fully finished, that true or? Big criticism of it has been the online 'economy' so suspect they'll change it somehow.

I've been told the beta will get wiped, so not too bothered about doing much in it.  Will get back onto the single player tonight after spending the weekend with FIFA - the gaming equivalent of repeatedly jamming your thumbs in a doorframe.

On 30/11/2018 at 22:15, Bairnardo said:

I met some wee helmet talking to himself whilst standing in the river. Went over to chat to him but it wouldn't let me greet him or antagonise him. Shot the fucker in the head...

On 01/12/2018 at 22:40, 1320Lichtie said:

The more and more time you play the more everything becomes relevant... emoji102.png

...and shortly afterwards realised the above. Hopefully he wasn't too important.

I can only imagine the people saying Arthur Morgan is the best character ever have never played the first red dead, John is, IMO, a much better character. I would absolutely love to see the original game carried on from this one. Didn't see enough of John in this one for me