Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Has anyone done the Horseman challenge 9? Ride a horse from Van Horn to Blackwater in 19 minutes without touching water. How there’s a river all round west Elizabeth.

Was going to get the legendary staggie (poor Liam Boyce). I had him in my sights, thought I’d move closer, so to avoid detection, I’d put the cover scent on.

Pitched a fucking camp instead. Fucks sake! b*****d thing fucked off on me, never to return. I only assume to Burton Albion.

That’s what I get for being a smug c**t about the cougar 🤣

15 hours ago, Loki said:

Has anyone done the Horseman challenge 9? Ride a horse from Van Horn to Blackwater in 19 minutes without touching water. How there’s a river all round west Elizabeth.

Was going to get the legendary staggie (poor Liam Boyce). I had him in my sights, thought I’d move closer, so to avoid detection, I’d put the cover scent on.

Pitched a fucking camp instead. Fucks sake! b*****d thing fucked off on me, never to return. I only assume to Burton Albion.

That’s what I get for being a smug c**t about the cougar 

I believe there's a bridge you can cross over to West Elizabeth up near Strawberry... just a case of having a lot of horse stimulant on you

3 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

I believe there's a bridge you can cross over to West Elizabeth up near Strawberry... just a case of having a lot of horse stimulant on you

I'm sure there's a railway bridge you can ride across too, was the quickest way to get from the first camp to Strawberry.

Thanks mainly to this thread and against my better judgement, I have finally ordered the game.

How much PS4 storage am I needing? Just wanting to make sure of such formality before it comes so I can maximise my 3 hour window tomorrow night
105GB or something like that. Go 110GB to be safe.

Cheers Shagger. I have plenty then so just a matter of installing the game and getting wired in once the Bairnadettes go to bed! Buzzing.

Genuinely struggle to play it midweek, need to find a Friday/Saturday/Sunday night where I've got f**k all on to get stuck in. By time I'm home from work, gym or football done then tea it gives me about 3 and a bit hours before I go to bed and I jump on it and before I know it it's the next day. Get totally lost in the game, everything takes a while to do but I enjoy doing it. The other day I decided to rob a wee house, never seen it only had a nosey cause I seen the owner out back. Found a wee map thing with clues, went and followed it, was very hard, found 2 gold ingots, checked how long id been fannying about and my 3 hours were up. I'm gonna aim to finish the story soon then I'm gonna replay it being a c**t. Actually quite enjoy having a bounty on my head, funny hiding from them and watching them go past. Get a wee buzz. Class game.

Love rockstar

It really is incredible. I had it on the other night and had been playing for 2 hours before I even did a mission. The time you can spend on it is unreal. I'm genuinely gutted there isn't a timer to see how many hours you put in.

Stick with the first couple of hours. It's basically a long in-game tutorial. Very slow start (and I fucking despise snow in games) but once you're 'free' it's great from then.
I will. Struggle to get more than a couple of hours here and there anyway so its not likely to piss me off too much. I expect il still be playing this long after the death of this thread

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
Stick with the first couple of hours. It's basically a long in-game tutorial. Very slow start (and I fucking despise snow in games) but once you're 'free' it's great from then.

I will. Struggle to get more than a couple of hours here and there anyway so its not likely to piss me off too much. I expect il still be playing this long after the death of this thread

I work six days a week so have been trying to focus on the missions as much as possible.

Still yet to finish, but I already want to play through again with the side missions and making different choices to see how the story changes.

Won’t do I that right away, but I feel I’ve barely scratched the surface of the word, despite the many hours I’ve sunk into the game

My story has finished if you like and I'm on the epilogue (not a spoiler I don't think) but wow.

That was amazing, got emotional playing it, the outcome has also made it feel like an entirely brand new game and I've got a proper buzz for it. Can't wait to get back into it and see where it takes me.

Away to really take my time from here on.

10/10 groundbreaking game

Got as far as moving camp to Valentine lastnight so presumably this is the start of the game proper?

When I got there the first thing I found myself doing was raking about for animals to hunt and subsequently getting mauled to f**k by a cougar. I will be back for that b*****d. I sense like others I will find myself fucking about more often than pursuing missions.

Completed this last night.

Spoiler

I thought the two epilogues were great, a really nice bookend with RDR, given you end that one doing tasks on the ranch... before John's untimely demise.

Also thought it was clever to show the agents tracking down John in the credits via the money he took after shooting Micah. Really fits well with the theme that going for revenge is stupid, and a nice nod to Arthur saying "don't look back" to John (at least in my ending).

Anyone have a b*****d ending? I chose to help John and Arthur expired on a mountain top as the sun rose, but assume it's different if you go back for the money. There aren't many games that could leave a big smile on your face as you perform the menial task of building a house.

Overall I think I might have preferred the story in the first, purely because I didn't know what would happen.

In this one we know that Dutch, John, Javier and Bill survive, and I always assumed Arthur would die. That was always going to be an issue with a prequel though, and it really is an extraordinary game.

Full of beautiful moments, perhaps the best being when Arthur thanks his horse.

Will try and complete some of the side missions with John, but will definitely be playing through again somewhere down the road - probably as an utter wrong 'un this time!