Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Most of you probably know this, but if you have a f**k up in your game, like your prized horse getting burned to death or a the like, just (on ps4 anyway) close the application then re-open it again.  You'll lose a little bit of progress to your last auto save, but it's worth it.
Or just load the autosave?

Cinematic camera is fucking hopeless and I absolutely hate it. Turns me into a seething mess.
Sometimes it works. I find holding X when strolling to a random location I'll hit trees and all sorts. When I'm travelling with someone to a yellow dot and do it it seems to keep to the trail though.

Imagine being reduced to travelling around virtual woods picking virtual flowers on a Saturday night.

This game has a grip on me like no other has ever had. On my horse I find myself taking photos of the views I see.

One thing that really irritates me, and I'm probably doing it wrong so forgive me, is when you are riding along, someone is approaching so you hold LT (on Xbox) to interact. Your focus continues on that person so I usually end up running into them which leads to an inevitable "situation" that needs to be resolved using Mr Pistol and his 6 friends!

One thing that really irritates me, and I'm probably doing it wrong so forgive me, is when you are riding along, someone is approaching so you hold LT (on Xbox) to interact. Your focus continues on that person so I usually end up running into them which leads to an inevitable "situation" that needs to be resolved using Mr Pistol and his 6 friends!

If you move the right stick while holding LT it lets you switch between things to focus on if that’s any help.

23 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

If you move the right stick while holding LT it lets you switch between things to focus on if that’s any help.

Game changer for me right there :osama:

I did the Lenny-pub mission yesterday.  Brilliant.  I'll get around to doing another mission eventually, but they get in the way of exploring and meeting random encounters.

32 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Gave up after 5 times dead. Was thinking maybe put bait out of some thing 

I ended up just making sure my dead eye was 100% and shooting the thing in the head about six times. Still nearly got me, but the pelt was still in good condition.

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

This is going the same way as GTA as me. As much as I really like it, I can’t be fucked riding about on a horse for 3 minutes to get to a mission. Is there a way to skip straight to a mission?

Upgrading your lodgings in the camp to unlock fast travel is about as close as you'll get I think. Think you have to upgrade Dutch's tent, then Arthur's to get it.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

This is going the same way as GTA as me. As much as I really like it, I can’t be fucked riding about on a horse for 3 minutes to get to a mission. Is there a way to skip straight to a mission?

There's just so much content unlocked by simply riding about and interacting with stuff I'm willing to put up with it. Been playing it since release day and things have just started to dry up a bit, think I'm approaching the end! :(

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Gave up after 5 times dead. Was thinking maybe put bait out of some thing 

I'm leaving the cougar and the bear until last. I've found the others ridiculously easy to hunt, three clues then two blasts of the rifle, dead. I thought they'd put up more of a fight/challenge.

Completed it tonight, what a game. The epilogue is almost another game in itself with some lovely call backs to the main story and hints to the future as well. Good to see some loose ends tied up and to get some closure on characters from throughout the game.

I jumped on to start the final mission at 22.00 and that's me just got to a manual save point in the epilogue 10 mins ago, make sure you have plenty of time before starting it.

Tremendous stuff and I've still got a bit more to go. :thumsup2

"RIDE WITH ME"

Edited by Tommy Nooka