Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Riding around and saw a saddled horse standing in the middle of nowhere. I approached it and saw a guy standing right behind the horse get booted. Blood everywhere, the horse scarpered and I looted the body. It was fucking hilarious.

Was this near Dutch’s camp?

Was this near Dutch’s camp?
Yeah. Come out the camp and to the left. It ran into the bit with the burnt cabins. I approached it to see what it would do (from behind stupidly) and the fucker kicked me as well. Thankfully it never fully killed me, but I need to eat my meals through a straw.

Am I the only one spending countless hours exploring? I think after getting down from the mountain I've done maybe 5/6 missions? And they still seem like missions showing the player the ropes (pardon the pun)..
Aye, it's very easy to get distracted. I've started to put a waypoint where I want to go and head in the general direction. But I usually see somewhere or something that distracts me. I was pretty raging last night though: I set the marker for a mission/debt and had travelled for ages. I was just outside the town when a white dot appeared (and it's like a moth to a flame with me). Long story short, I did the task and the person asked for a lift. All the way back to Valentine! I'm not sure I'll be able to last being nice. It was in the middle of nowhere so it would have been easier to kill and loot her.

While being a proper heel seems the best way to go, it's becoming increasingly difficult.  I've decided to be a decent guy to start with, then go Begbie if they escalate it.  Unfortunately that led to a situation at a farmhouse last night.  Guy went hard on me asking why I was there, then pulled a gun while has pal and his dug circled.  Took the three of them out, just as bounty hunters arrived for my previous crimes that night.  First proper gun battle that wasn't in a mission, and have to say the combat actually seems quite solid.  Melee still seems a bit random, but haven't had too many chances for that yet.  

Also came across the cast of Deliverance on a few occasions.  First time they fled their camp before I could get to them, but second time they ambushed me just as I made my own camp, saying next time they'd kill me.  Or pump me.  I'm not sure.  First one then the other.

While being a proper heel seems the best way to go, it's becoming increasingly difficult.  I've decided to be a decent guy to start with, then go Begbie if they escalate it.  Unfortunately that led to a situation at a farmhouse last night.  Guy went hard on me asking why I was there, then pulled a gun while has pal and his dug circled.  Took the three of them out, just as bounty hunters arrived for my previous crimes that night.  First proper gun battle that wasn't in a mission, and have to say the combat actually seems quite solid.  Melee still seems a bit random, but haven't had too many chances for that yet.  
Also came across the cast of Deliverance on a few occasions.  First time they fled their camp before I could get to them, but second time they ambushed me just as I made my own camp, saying next time they'd kill me.  Or pump me.  I'm not sure.  First one then the other.
I've almost got my own code [emoji38]

If people are collateral damage - there's one early mission where you decide the fate of a couple of guys who worked for the person you robbed - but I let them go as they were wrong place at the wrong time.

If they belong to a gang they get wiped out.

If I approach someone at a wee camp and they are polite I'll respond in kind, whereas if they tell me to move on or are rude they get it.

So in short - I treat others how I'm treated [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've almost got my own code emoji38.png

If people are collateral damage - there's one early mission where you decide the fate of a couple of guys who worked for the person you robbed - but I let them go as they were wrong place at the wrong time.

If I approach someone at a wee camp and they are polite I'll respond in kind, whereas if they tell me to move on or are rude they get it.

So in short - I treat others how I'm treated emoji38.png

I'll be largely that I imagine.  Being a dick full time is just too much work.  Witnesses are an absolute ball-ache.  Had a "disagreement" with a guy and shot both him and his horse (latter accidentally).  Disposed of the guy (rolling them down the hill is superb) but the horse got noticed by a guy coming past, who bolted when he didn't like my explanation.  Took him out with a perfect headshot and he was thrown from his horse, but before I could hide him, someone else came around.  Think it was a chain of 4 or 5 before I bolted back to My Lovely Horse and got out of there.

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Tri-TON said:
Am I the only one spending countless hours exploring? I think after getting down from the mountain I've done maybe 5/6 missions? And they still seem like missions showing the player the ropes (pardon the pun)..

Aye, it's very easy to get distracted. I've started to put a waypoint where I want to go and head in the general direction. But I usually see somewhere or something that distracts me. I was pretty raging last night though: I set the marker for a mission/debt and had travelled for ages. I was just outside the town when a white dot appeared (and it's like a moth to a flame with me). Long story short, I did the task and the person asked for a lift. All the way back to Valentine! I'm not sure I'll be able to last being nice. It was in the middle of nowhere so it would have been easier to kill and loot her.

Is this the lass that's stuck under a horse?  If so, I was the exact same.  Halfway to collecting a debt and because I'm playing it in nice guy mode, I couldn't not help her!

I messed up the train bit where you decide to kill or release the workers. Two got on the train but I pressed the wrong button and shot the 3rd.

I seem to be good at killing people with my horse. Was doing the debt collecting for the German guy. Went to the one that flees on the horse. Made the mistake of getting off my horse to look for him at the location when he got on his and did a runner. Was only once I was chasing him did I realise I’d gotten back on the wrong horse and couldn’t catch up. Ended up killing his horse and then pulled up beside him and turned my horse, he got smacked in the face with my horse’s arse and died

I had just finished one of the bounty missions, (first one in Valentine I think) when I let my wee guy twag out the sheriff's office and left him standing to I got a drink/sent a text or something.
I heard a villager say something to me, dunno what, then when I got back cos I didn't respond he ran away and told the polis. I had to sprint away and him in the woods then pay a fivers bounty cos they've added Lee Wallace into the game.

Only thing that pisses me off with the bounty system, say you are in the pub having a nice malt. Someone says that your mother stinks so you respond, he starts fighting you, so you beat him up and eventually knock him out. You get a wanted level. Just protecting myself. 

Also, had my first "deluxe" bath last night. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've almost got my own code emoji38.png

So in short - I treat others how I'm treated emoji38.png

I went wandering about and got rather lost in a forest.

Came upon a guy camping by the river. Tried to be nice to him so I could sit at the camp until morning, but he pulled a gun on me. Of course the only option was to blow his head off and throw the body in the river.

Turned out to be an excellent call because I looted his tent and he must have been a prospector, got three gold nuggets.

43 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

I went wandering about and got rather lost in a forest.

Came upon a guy camping by the river. Tried to be nice to him so I could sit at the camp until morning, but he pulled a gun on me. Of course the only option was to blow his head off and throw the body in the river.

Turned out to be an excellent call because I looted his tent and he must have been a prospector, got three gold nuggets.

Does that actually happen? I'm as far removed from a gore fiend as can be but I was actually surprised they're haven't been Fallout style shooting limbs or heads off in this - or maybe it's just the weapons I've got to date are crap. 

Does that actually happen? I'm as far removed from a gore fiend as can be but I was actually surprised they're haven't been Fallout style shooting limbs or heads off in this - or maybe it's just the weapons I've got to date are crap. 

Shotgun to the head does indeed remove it fully, seen plenty of limbs come off too.

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Nah, I was exaggerating for effect.

Got a nice cinematic camera of a bullet going through someone's head though, when I tried to speak to him and pressed RT instead of LT...

Edit: appears it does happen with a shotgun, I was using a pistol though

Edited by killiefan27