Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

6 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I'm not a gamer these days at all but my brother works for Rockstar and he's pretty hyped.

Me neither. I just can't be arsed these days. I'll probably just end up watching some other c**t play it on YouTube. Kudos to your brother, by the way.

13 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I'd love to get back into it but just never find the time, always something else to be doing nowadays!

And aye, he's doing well but found the job in Leith job centre when they still had those machines that printed the wee job description tickets haha.

I hears ya. The idea of a Rockstar job being posted in the Leith Job Centre is mental.

It will be.  It's odd to say these days with AAA releases generally being disappointing in at least some way, but with Rockstar it's pretty unlikely.  They'll save their shithousery for Red Dead Online, which will be another home for rampant trolls and people with too much real world money.

On 04/10/2018 at 13:43, Mackie The Staggie said:

As long as the micro transactions are kept purely for online and have no bearing on the single player then this will be great.....if it starts to creep into the single player however then it's game over for me. 

Thats what caused the uproar with star wars

Bought an OPM issue as it was focussing on RDR2. By f**k this game sounds good. It sounds like anything you do will result in a reaction from the AI. They also mentioned you can increase the bond with your horse which will in turn make the horse easier to control. And if the horse dies, that's it. No respawn. No doubt I'll get a belter and bond with it only to drown the b*****d or something. You need to maintain your pistols as well. If you fail to oil it or use it in the rain it'll rust.

They said this game is larger than ever but it's the depth that's spectacular.

Bought an OPM issue as it was focussing on RDR2. By f**k this game sounds good. It sounds like anything you do will result in a reaction from the AI. They also mentioned you can increase the bond with your horse which will in turn make the horse easier to control. And if the horse dies, that's it. No respawn. No doubt I'll get a belter and bond with it only to drown the b*****d or something. You need to maintain your pistols as well. If you fail to oil it or use it in the rain it'll rust.

They said this game is larger than ever but it's the depth that's spectacular.
You can take the saddle off your horse if it dies and either sell it or keep it for your new one. You can also steal saddles.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Can you get your horse smashed by a train?

Also maintaining weapons sounds tedious as f**k. It certainly is in other games.

I think it was Far Cry 2 they had it, and it was absolutely fucking awful.  Guns worked for about 2 seconds before jamming, leading to the encampment of chattering AI (respawned after you cleared it 5 minutes previous and went around the corner) closes in.

If they keep them as mostly functional for long periods, but you can improve them with maintenance I wouldn't have such a problem, but having to live weapon to weapon (*cough* Breath of the Wild *cough*) is just tedious.

Hopefully there'll be a way to do it quickly.

E.g you get in a station wagon, and where before you could go to sleep (i.e skip to destination) there could be an option to skip to the destination and clean your weapons.

Because I agree, it sounds like a pain in the arse having to remember to clean the guns all the time.