Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Juve weren't at their best against a stuffy Sevilla side, but still had the chances to win. Khedira missed two decent opportunities early on and Higuain cracked the bar with a header. Frustrating night for them on Wednesday.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Milan win 1-0 at Samp. Very good game actually. Samp had a perfectly good goal disallowed, Milan had a stonewall penalty shout turned down and the post got hit a few times as well as numerous other chances. Great finish from Bacca for the goal, too. 

Who do you think will be italys future number 1 goalkeeper?Gianluigi Donnarumma!

Certainly looks like they'll have plenty of competition for the goalkeeping spot over the next 10/15 years anyway, Donnarumma, Simone Scuffet and Mattia Perrin are the 3 I've seen who look like they could become top class goalkeepers. I'm sure there's probably more too.

Wonder if Samp, Inter and Eder are all regretting his move last year. He's barely scored at Inter (who look as bad as they did before Mancini mk I) and Samp have missed his energy. Having said that they were unlucky last night, especially hitting the post so soon before Milan scored. Donnarumma looks like one of those keepers who is not only good but also carries a bit of luck with him - shots hitting woodwork and bouncing the 'right' way, strikers slipping when in on goal, that sort of thing. A great combination if you have it! 

I think I might have to eat my words about Milik. Didn't think he had a particularly great conversion rate at Ajax and was sceptical about him making the step up in a better domestic league, as well as Champions League. Some start to his Napoli career though. Scored twice against AC, two huge goals midweek and may have dug them out a hole tonight.

Edited by lanky_ffc