Italian Football Thread

Kris.

43 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Would Simeone be loan or permanent? Dani Osvaldo would be a risky one - boy's got a stinking attitude. Perhaps he needs to go to a 'lower' club to get his arse into gear. Perhaps Macheda might flourish back in Italy (even though his spell at Samp was pish). I know Lazio are being linked with him but perhaps get Immobile on loan from Sevilla? He did well last time he was at Pescara albeit in Serie B.

Football Italia reporting it's a loan with an option to buy for 2.5 million euro, could prove a bit of a bargain if he shows up well. Macheda isn't a top flight player in Italy IMO. He got punted on loan to Nottingham Forest last season, appeared in 3 games then sat on the bench for the rest of the season, he just isn't good enough. If he was looking to come back to Italy there's plenty of biggish sides in Serie B who could give him a chance. I'd think Immobile would be beyond them, tbh. They were saying just last week it would be 'impossible' to sign Alessandro Matri, so I think the same would apply to Immobile. Speaking of Immobile though, I'm surprised he was so against moving back to Torino permanently. After the couple of years he's had I'd have thought he'd have jumped at the chance of regular football again, even more so given the success he's already had there.

I've been really in to Serie A since I got BT Sport a couple of years ago, there's something about the atmosphere that really draws me in.

I enjoy watching Juve but appreciate they are a bit of cunty club so can't fully get behind them, Napoli were also an absolute joy to watch last season sans Higuain meltdown. If he does end up actually going to Juve how on earth are they going to be stopped? With Dybala and Higuain up front and the BBC at the back, there's no reason they can't win the Champions League.

Having just returned from Genova I'll be paying a bit more attention to Genoa and Sampdoria this season. Went to the Genoa football museum which was quite an interesting wee diversion for only €5 but despite getting the bus past the stadium there didn't seem to be tours or anything available. 

20 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

It's hard to see Juve slipping up. They had a rotten start last season by their standards and still won the league. The additions of Dani Alves and Pjanic will just make them stronger. Napoli had a great chance of winning Serie A last season but dropped points at crucial moments. Losing 1-0 to Juve with an 88th minute Zaza goal must have knocked the wind out of their sails big time. The battle to avoid relegation will be far more interesting as always.

Yeah, they looked to be doing a Chelsea until that incredible run of wins. When Juve dropped points away to Genoa, Napoli played Milan at home the next day and drew as well and that was also key, they never truly took advantage of Juve's early slip ups.

The relegation battle was great last season, still stunned that Palermo stayed up after changing manager 200 times.

20 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

As Ya Bezzer said above, Zamparini is up to his old tricks again. Guy certainly has an unorthodox approach.

Well perhaps Zamparini won't be around for much longer after all. 

The word from the Cascio consortium camp is they are pretty confident a take over is on the cards but who knows what will eventually transpire; it is Zamparini after all.

I really hope they don't go pishing the majority away on Icardi. With Koulibaly potentially leaving too, they're going to have an awful lot of money to play with.

Losing Higuain is a huge blow, but they could really go and strengthen every area of the squad and make them a much better side overall. Really looking forward to seeing who they get in.

Juve will have the Scudetto wrapped-up by December.

If Inter can sort out their managerial situation I fancy them for top three, and I'll boldly predict top half for Bologna.

Think Torino have done some good business too, so my second bold prediction is that they finish above Milan.

£75.3 Million is a lot to spend on someone who thus far into his career has failed to deliver when it really matters in Europe (12 Goals in 53 CL appearences) which  is the only meaningful thing for them now. Higuain will no doubt be given a warm heroes welcome when he returns to Naples.

For Napoli they lost Cavani and came back stronger so I think they can do the same if they spend well, though 35 Million for Milik from Ajax doesn't seem like that great a deal IMO.

12 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

For Napoli they lost Cavani and came back stronger so I think they can do the same if they spend well, though 35 Million for Milik from Ajax doesn't seem like that great a deal IMO.

Would agree with this. His goals to games looks good, but having seen Ajax a few times towards the end of the season and Poland at Euros, his conversion rate seems pretty rank.

Parma have bought the property assets of the old club, meaning they can return to using the old club crest. The statement on the website says they've chosen not to go back to being 'Parma FC', but will now be 'Parma Calcio' dropping the 1913 from the name, although the company title will still include it. Pleasing news, as the crest for last season was utter shite.

image50-750x330.jpg

Sassuolo draw 1-1 with Luzern in their first ever European match. Watched the first half but wasn't great. Sass fell behind then equalised with a tidy Berardi penalty - thought the defender could have seen red for the challenge. Luzern missed a second half penalty, thankfully, so ends up being a pretty decent result to take back to Italy.

Coppa Italia started last night. Livorno getting horsed out 3-1 by Juve...Stabia. Campodarsego drew 3-3 with Maceratese earlier today with the latter winning on penalties and Lecce lead Altovicentino 1-0 at HT just now.

Also, I ended up looking through the Lega Pro wiki again earlier and noticed that Modena actually are now in Parma's league group. So along with Piacenza that's another couple of derbies, of sorts.

Sassuolo breeze through to the play-off round of the EL. Like the first leg I only managed to watch the first half, but they were pretty dominant with Berardi looking very good in particular. Hopefully they get a decent draw and can make the group stages. The Mapei looks pretty good now they've added in all the new seats - I'm sure the stand the camera faces was still to be finished at the end of last season.

This:

bisport.stadio9_mini.jpg

Certainly looks better than this:

maxresdefault.jpg