Italian Football Thread

Kris.

8 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Premier Sports have the rights for the Coppa Italia. Wish they could sell the cup and league games as a package deal, or ultimately have their equivalent of La Liga TV.

It's weird, they always seem to go to different channels too. When Serie A was BT, Sky haf the Coppa, when the League moved to Premier the Cup went to BT and now they've switched. 

There's now a chance that Chievo could register for Serie D. I don't really understand it but I think they can do so if they pay off all outstanding debts to staff - I think. I'm not sure in all honesty. Looks like Chievo legend Sergio Pellissier could come out of retirement to play for the phoenix club if they end up in Serie D.

Also, Livorno look like starting again from Eccellenza but there is still a chance that it could be Promozione.

Two more leagues are being introduced next season: Serie C Elite and Serie D Elite. They're being introduced as there are a lot of teams who struggle financially when being promoted from Serie D to Serie C/Serie C to Serie B and this will provide a buffer.

The new league structure will be:

Serie A

Serie B

Serie C Elite

Serie C

Serie D Elite

Serie D and then as you were in the leagues below that

Jeezo, didn't know they were using the rights for every game this weekend (as opposed to Sky, who inexplicably placed the Friday night Bundesliga game last night on app-only, while showing fucking cricket instead). 

Edited by vikingTON

Sergio Pellissier has founded a new team, FC Chievo 1929, which apparently is already affiliated with the FIGC. Aiming to start in Serie D, more likely to be Eccellenza if all goes well.

Also, Livorno have been refounded under US Livorno 1915 and will play in Eccellenza this upcoming season. They've got 'King' Igor Protti involved as club manager which everyone rightly seems very happy with.

An 8-goal thriller in ACR Messina's first match in Serie C since last season's promotion.

Paganese 4-4 Messina 

Highlights (for anyone interested) should be on ACR's facebook 

Up next for Messina it's a Sicilian derby v Palermo at the San Fillippo next weekend 😍

On 22/08/2021 at 22:24, Funky Nosejob said:

No more Flying Donkeys.

A shame as they had some beautiful strips over the seasons…

CB8C1540-2AF0-4C46-9C8B-2F45D5EBD955.jpeg.a37567db3bd85f616494c2b03d71c129.jpeg

I almost bought myself this one until I realised it would cost £35 in postage.

I have got a bit of their memorabilia , including the book on their 90 year history. I had become friends with many of their fans, good friends with a fan from their Gate 7 supporters group who I caught up with when he was on holiday in Australia. It's a really sad time for him and the passionate supporters of the club, although I never got the chance to go watch them live, they were my Italian team.

Many used to laugh at Chievo, but besides all that there were a lot of fans locally that supported them, I feel for those people who have lost their club after 92 years.

Milan are making this look like a kickabout in the park. I can only see the night getting longer for Cagliari. Milan look like they are back to the team they should be. Fantastic stuff, 4-1 at HT.