Kris.

Italian Football Thread

26 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Tram from piazza del popolo will take you just across the river from the ground. Follow the crowds. Number 30 something maybe but Google will confirm.

Best buying tickets in advance online. Some wee shops sell them but for convenience, you can go online. Roma sell them direct on their website now

Yeah, I was having a look at their website and seems easy enough to buy - I just wondered if it was going to be an e-ticket, print it yourself job or if I'd have to go and pick up actual physical tickets from somewhere.

Sounds good for the transport, thanks.

Yeah, I was having a look at their website and seems easy enough to buy - I just wondered if it was going to be an e-ticket, print it yourself job or if I'd have to go and pick up actual physical tickets from somewhere.
Best to print them here. They won't accept it on a phone. Also, it's the number 2 tram from pizza del popolo. About a ten minute walk to the ground from there. Bit longer if you're in the far side

9 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Best to print them here. They won't accept it on a phone. Also, it's the number 2 tram from pizza del popolo. About a ten minute walk to the ground from there. Bit longer if you're in the far side

Great, cheers.

I notice the Curva Sud is sold out already. Assume the ultras aren’t a big fan of tourists anyway, so maybe best not to be in there even if it was an option. Think we’ll go with the Tribune Tevere.

Edited by Nightmare

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I notice the Curva Sud is sold out already. Assume the ultras aren’t a big fan of tourists anyway, so maybe best not to be in there even if it was an option. Think we’ll go with the Tribune Tevere.

Curva Sud aren't even a fan of their own, been numerous tear up's in the past couple matches between the groups. 

As for Lazio last night, Italian FA really need to come out and do something (banning fans from the final would be my idea), however I can't see them doing anything apart from the usual fine. I follow a lot of Lazio fans on Instagram etc, and some of the posts that were going up throughout yesterday were horrific. This isn't just members of the Irriducibili either, this is your average fan. I have mentioned it before,  "Football, Fascism and Fandom: The UltraS of Italian Football" is a very good read and insight into Fascism and Racism in Italian football, but specifically in regards to the two teams in Rome. 

Atalanta v Fiorentina in the Coppa on BT just now. First leg ended 3-3 and Fiorentina are 1-0 up tonight after a few minutes.

Goalkeeper makes a howler.

2-1 Atalanta.
Gomez is some player.
Ilicic is a class act when he is on his game

Lazio V Atalanta in the final in Rome, that will be an absolute riot. 

Lazio still looking for revenge after incidents in Frankfurt which Atalanta were part of. 

Edited by LondonHMFC

Bologna has won 19 out of a possible 24 points since Sinisa Mihajlovic took over as manager. Great job by Miha saving the club from relegation.

However he dosnt seem to stay or be kept at a club for to long

36 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Bologna has won 19 out of a possible 24 points since Sinisa Mihajlovic took over as manager. Great job by Miha saving the club from relegation.

However he dosnt seem to stay or be kept at a club for to long

They looked doomed at one point, a great recovery by them.

Another late show today with a rally of goals late in the match to win, they've done that a few times recently.

Bad result for Messina in Serie D Group I, 1-2 at home to their nearest dropzone rival Sancataldese. Only 1 point ahead of them now, going into the final round of matches, Messina are away to 2nd bottom Rotonda Calcio. Sancataldese are at home to bottom side Igea Virtus Barcellona

:shutup

Edited by Silverton End

33 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Bad result for Messina in Serie D Group I, 0-1 at home to their nearest dropzone rival Sancataldese. Only 1 point ahead of them now, going into the final round of matches, Messina are away to 2nd bottom Rotonda Calcio. Sancataldese are at home to bottom side Igea Virtus Barcellona

:shutup

Rotonda are already relegated so that might work in Messina's favour. On the other hand, Igea Virtus are also relegated (obviously) so that could work in Sancataldese's favour.

4 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Rotonda are already relegated so that might work in Messina's favour. On the other hand, Igea Virtus are also relegated (obviously) so that could work in Sancataldese's favour.

Igea Virtus have been whipping boys, they got beat 2-1 away today to Bari, who've probably downed tools mind you.

I think Sancataldese will overtake Messina next week though.

Ideally, 2 draws please.

Edited by Silverton End

That's Milan missing out on a European place as things stand.

In an unrelated query, does anyone know if Serie B will be back to twenty-two teams for next season?

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's Milan missing out on a European place as things stand.

In an unrelated query, does anyone know if Serie B will be back to twenty-two teams for next season?

20 teams. 5 teams will be promoted from Serie C. Three automatically, two from the promotion playoffs.

On 25/04/2019 at 09:03, LondonHMFC said:

As for Lazio last night, Italian FA really need to come out and do something (banning fans from the final would be my idea), however I can't see them doing anything apart from the usual fine. 

Just saw on Sky Sports they have avoided any punishment.

A tribunal said that around 4000 fans abused the two Milan players. 

If another incident happens, part of the Olympico will be closed.

There is absolutely no deterrent for people to stop.

70th anniversary of the Superga air crash today

Torino mark 70th anniversary of Superga

in other news, Serie B on the brink of chaos again as nine clubs have petitioned the authorities to launch an immediate enquiry in to 'administrative anomalies' at Palermo; timescale already put in place for hearings, appeals and a delay to the play-offs - ho hum....

Also in Serie B, Pordenone have decided to play their games at Stadio Friuli in Udine next season as their current velodrome only holds three thousand. They plan to have a new stadium built by the following season.

That's somewhat disappointing news for me as the other option was a merger with Treviso (who have been relegated to the sixth tier).