Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Rome Derby tomorrow, Lazio fans are boycotting (shock) the first half due to the club not doing more in relation to Fabrizio Piscitelli's death. 
Not really sure what they could do, considering his lifestyle. 
Should be a good game anyway, Lazio looked really good last week, Correra is becoming quite an instrumental player for the side now, really enjoy watching him play. 

Just had a wee read about Piscitelli. What an utter scumbag. No great loss to the human race

8 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

I'm really glad I never stayed out watching this.they absolutely always get the rub of the green,the c***s

Yah, I was pretty gutted when it went in.  I've got a bit of a soft spot for Napoli after having seen them in the spring (despite their stadium being a pish stained construction site). 

In the early 2000's I started following Sicilian side F.C Messina, they made it to Serie A & lasted a couple of seasons before being relegated to Serie B, the owner can't fund them & they resign from Serie B.

Demoted to the lower reaches.

Turmoil ensues, go out of business, name changes to ACR Messina and years in Serie C/D etc, where they still reside.

I check my Flashscores app today for the opening Serie D Group I fixtures & clock ACR Messina AND an F.C Messina, do my eyes deceive me?

Click on FC Messina & they have the old crest of my beloved FC Messina. WTF is going on, thought the app had maybe made a mistake. 

After a google it seems that a smaller team from Messina- Citta de Messina were bought by some rich guy at the end of last season, he changed their name to FC Messina and they also use the old crest/badge.

How the f**k is that allowed if the "old" FC Messina morphed into ACR Messina after financial shit?

Only in Italy 😀

Anyway ACR lost 2-0, FC drew 1-1 today.

Do I have 2 Messina's to follow?

No, Forza  ACR!

ETA - apologies for boring folk who have no interest in the Italian lower leagues, but my point is that some rich guy has just basically wiped Citta de Messina & is using the (former) name & crest of an established side in their place.

Edited by Silverton End

13 hours ago, Silverton End said:

In the early 2000's I started following Sicilian side F.C Messina, they made it to Serie A & lasted a couple of seasons before being relegated to Serie B, the owner can't fund them & they resign from Serie B.

Demoted to the lower reaches.

Turmoil ensues, go out of business, name changes to ACR Messina and years in Serie C/D etc, where they still reside.

I check my Flashscores app today for the opening Serie D Group I fixtures & clock ACR Messina AND an F.C Messina, do my eyes deceive me?

Click on FC Messina & they have the old crest of my beloved FC Messina. WTF is going on, thought the app had maybe made a mistake. 

After a google it seems that a smaller team from Messina- Citta de Messina were bought by some rich guy at the end of last season, he changed their name to FC Messina and they also use the old crest/badge.

How the f**k is that allowed if the "old" FC Messina morphed into ACR Messina after financial shit?

Only in Italy 😀

Anyway ACR lost 2-0, FC drew 1-1 today.

Do I have 2 Messina's to follow?

No, Forza  ACR!

ETA - apologies for boring folk who have no interest in the Italian lower leagues, but my point is that some rich guy has just basically wiped Citta de Messina & is using the (former) name & crest of an established side in their place.

This kind of thing is quite common in eastern Europe. In the top four tiers in Romania there are now two versions of Steaua Bucharest, Poli Timisoara, Uni Craiova and Rapid Bucharest.

Same kind of examples in Bulgaria (where it looks likely that there will be two CSKA Sofia’s in the top flight next year) and Ukraine.

It’s a bit of a joke, and thankfully doesn’t happen in the UK, but there’s technically nothing wrong with it.

14 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Mauro Icardi to PSG on loan rumours.

However is going to sign a new deal with Inter. Suppose it paves the way for Neymar to go back to Barcelona. 

As for the above video with Lukaku, The Italian FA must run close to the SFA in being utterly gutless. 

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

This kind of thing is quite common in eastern Europe. In the top four tiers in Romania there are now two versions of Steaua Bucharest, Poli Timisoara, Uni Craiova and Rapid Bucharest.

Same kind of examples in Bulgaria (where it looks likely that there will be two CSKA Sofia’s in the top flight next year) and Ukraine.

It’s a bit of a joke, and thankfully doesn’t happen in the UK, but there’s technically nothing wrong with it.

Yes. It really is a joke.

I'd imagine fans of Citta must be angered surely? Losing their name, using another Club's crest etc.

Absolutely bizarre

Anyway, the entrepreneur seemingly also owns a football side in Spain, CF Independiente Alicante, who used to be Alicante CF until they were 'dissolved' in 2014 😀