Italian Football Thread

Kris.

21 hours ago, gc_smfc said:

I'm going to attempt to go to the Roma v Atalanta game on the 25th.

What advice do people have for going to a game at the Stadio Olimpico? It's pretty similar to Hampden, so is it worth while paying the extra for the sidelines? Am I best arranging tickets before I travel, or just get them at a Roma shop when I arrive in Rome?

It’s miles better than Hampden. We were really high up in the stand at the corner, but you could still see things quite clearly. Hampden just isn’t steep enough, creating awful depth perception.

I bought tickets online, but there are Roma shops and kiosks in the city centre that sell them. If you do buy them online then just use the e-ticket at the gates. We had printed them off, but it was raining on the day and the barcodes got wet and wouldn’t scan. So we had to leave the queue and go find the e-ticket in the confirmation email before being able to get in.

There isn’t much in the way of pubs, bars or shops around the ground, so don’t head up to the Olimpico area too early. Easy enough to get to using public transport, with loads of options, and there will be crowds heading from the city centre to follow.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

It’s miles better than Hampden. We were really high up in the stand at the corner, but you could still see things quite clearly. Hampden just isn’t steep enough, creating awful depth perception.

I bought tickets online, but there are Roma shops and kiosks in the city centre that sell them. If you do buy them online then just use the e-ticket at the gates. We had printed them off, but it was raining on the day and the barcodes got wet and wouldn’t scan. So we had to leave the queue and go find the e-ticket in the confirmation email before being able to get in.

There isn’t much in the way of pubs, bars or shops around the ground, so don’t head up to the Olimpico area too early. Easy enough to get to using public transport, with loads of options, and there will be crowds heading from the city centre to follow.

Did you need ID before buying the tickets and at the gate?  When I went to see Napoli in May we needed ID to buy the tickets and then when we got to the stadium

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Did you need ID before buying the tickets and at the gate?  When I went to see Napoli in May we needed ID to buy the tickets and then when we got to the stadium

Good shout, forgot about that. Had to show passports at a security checkpoint before the ticket barriers.

anyone got premier sports player for the tablet or laptop?was half thinking of getting it as theres a deal on at the moment but it says you cant access it abroad;i thought if you had a sub to something in an eu member state and you were elsewhere in the eu they were legally obliged to allow you to access it or did I misread that somewhere?

13 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

anyone got premier sports player for the tablet or laptop?was half thinking of getting it as theres a deal on at the moment but it says you cant access it abroad;i thought if you had a sub to something in an eu member state and you were elsewhere in the eu they were legally obliged to allow you to access it or did I misread that somewhere?

I've been able to access it in Spain no bother. First got it to watch Scottish cup final and used it plenty since then. The googleplay account on my tablet which I access it from still has UK as it's home settings though. 

10 hours ago, JMDP said:

I've been able to access it in Spain no bother. First got it to watch Scottish cup final and used it plenty since then. The googleplay account on my tablet which I access it from still has UK as it's home settings though. 

I take a lot of weekend breaks,i just like to be able to access it when im away,my permenant address is here,though.as I say,im pretty sure theres a legal obligation for subscription services to allow access when away in the EU.

from what youre saying it sounds fine so I reckon ill go for it-im away this weekend and keen to get access to the Napoli-juve game if theres no bars showing it

Rome Derby tomorrow, Lazio fans are boycotting (shock) the first half due to the club not doing more in relation to Fabrizio Piscitelli's death. 

Not really sure what they could do, considering his lifestyle. 

Should be a good game anyway, Lazio looked really good last week, Correra is becoming quite an instrumental player for the side now, really enjoy watching him play. 

Watched the Bologna game last night as was waiting on them for my coupon. VAR never gave a penalty for a handball which by the new rules I thought was banker, Bologna striker Sanasone put the ball over from 3 yards with an open goal in front of him then Bologna scored a 92nd minute winner. Massive admiration for Mihaljovic who is going through Chemo yet still barking orders from the touchline, what a guy!!!