Kris.

Italian Football Thread

It's a shame Napoli are 9 behind, but that gap could close if Juve continue to be complacent. They looked as slick last night as they did under Sarri and continue their near flawless home form. Milik in good scoring form now that he's had a clear run without injury. Quite like the shift to 442 under Ancelotti and Koulibaly just playing wherever he fancies :lol:

Inter's players names in Chinese on the back of their strips :huh:

I take it they are whores to the Chinese Yuan?

It's because of Chinese New Year... and yuan.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It's because of Chinese New Year... and yuan.

Right.

My brother was at the San Siro for the game today and is nicknamed Chinaman due to his looks so I thought they were maybe trolling him. 

Some strange reporting from the Gazzetta on the cat that invaded the pitch at Goodison. They began the article stating their surprise at the lack of racist chanting despite the cat being completely black.

Inter announce that goalkeeper Samir Handanovic is the new club captain, taking the armband from Mauro Icardi.

I presume Icardi will be gone in summer

On 13/02/2019 at 14:16, G_Man1985 said:

Inter announce that goalkeeper Samir Handanovic is the new club captain, taking the armband from Mauro Icardi.

I presume Icardi will be gone in summer

On 13/02/2019 at 18:01, Mr. Brightside said:

Would love to see Icardi back at Barca to replace Suarez.

Some journalists claiming hes agreed to sign for Juventus. What a shite transfer that would be for the league.

Hamsik leaving Napoli just feels wrong 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some journalists claiming hes agreed to sign for Juventus. What a shite transfer that would be for the league.

Hamsik leaving Napoli just feels wrong 

Juve dominance for foreseeable,alas.

I'm a subscriber to eleven sports,I'm seething that they changed the t&C's to lose serie A midway through the season but id be more gutted if it was la Liga that was going-serie A has been dead as a title race since autumn

Edited by highlandcowden

Neither Eleven or Premier Sports showing the Parma game, despite having 5 channels between them. :1eye f**k paying £10 a month next season for rugby and hockey to take priority.

Bit of a clusterfuck in the Cuneo-Pro Piacenza match in Serie C.

To give a bit of background, none of the Pro Piacenza coaching staff or players have been paid for months and have walked out on the club. Something similar has happened to Matera, who also play in Serie C. Italian football rules state that if you don't turn up for 4 games, you get punted out the league.

Pro Piacenza had not turned up for 3 games but turned up today with 7 youth players. Their new manager is their captain, who is 19 years old.

At half time, it was Cuneo 16-0 Pro Piacenza.

Also, the match was delayed for nearly an hour. Bizarre stuff all round.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

On a positive note, they have 8 games in hand, Pro Piacenza. :lol:

As do Entella, have 8 games in hand, in the same division, although Entella aren't firmly rooted to the bottom.

Edited by Silverton End

11 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

On a positive note, they have 8 games in hand, Pro Piacenza. :lol:

As do Entella, have 8 games in hand, in the same division, although Entella aren't firmly rooted to the bottom.

Entella have 8 games in hand because they didn't know whether they'd be playing in Serie B or C this season. Shambles. They played the first round of Serie C games on 17th September and then were left in limbo until 4th November because the league couldn't decide whether Entella would fill one of the missing slots in Serie B or stay in Serie C. In the end, Entella stayed in C and Serie B ran with 19 teams. The same happened to Viterbese, who have 4 or 5 games in hand.