Italian Football Thread

Kris.

If Cittadella go up they'll need to find a twenty thousand capacity stadium. Verona is fully booked, as is Udine now that Pordenone are playing there. So it looks like they'll have to travel quite far for their home games.

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

If Cittadella go up they'll need to find a twenty thousand capacity stadium. Verona is fully booked, as is Udine now that Pordenone are playing there. So it looks like they'll have to travel quite far for their home games.

Padova, surely - Serie A at Stadio Euganeo would be great - what's that, twenty miles down the road, and it holds more than SPAL and Empoli, 

Padova, surely - Serie A at Stadio Euganeo would be great - what's that, twenty miles down the road, and it holds more than SPAL and Empoli, 
I never realised it had a 32,000 capacity, that's nuts. It's a bit of an arse on a personal note though as it's almost impossible to reach by public transport. Perhaps there'll be some special buses from Cittadella put on?

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Juventus agree personal terms with Federico Chiesa on a five-year contract with a net €5 million salary, according to Italian sources

Do they need to sign every attacker who's looking promising from a team in the same league?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do they need to sign every attacker who's looking promising from a team in the same league?

its a good way of keeping the peasants in their place,the old firm did it for years

chiesas a cheating wee shite,him and juve are a match made in heaven

I feel as if he really needs another year of development, wouldn't have been the worst thing staying at Fiorentina, and I'm certain Juventus would have still been interested next year. Fiorentina are a mess right now though, going through a much needed takeover. Hope he gets game time or goes on loan somewhere, unless he's part of the new managers plans. With Bernardeschi too, I assume that means Cuadrado is going. He could do worse than going back to Fiorentina.

Perhaps too early yet, but does anyone know when the fixtures are announced for next season?

Hoping to get over and take in a game later this year. Trying to book flights etc as early as possible.

Full Time in the Serie B relegation playout between Salernitana and Venezia in Salerno.

It finished 2-1 to the hosts with goals coming from Milan Djuric and Lamin Jallow before Gianmarco Zigoni pulled a goal back for the Venetians - what a fall from grace after the highs of last season's promotion push.

10 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Perhaps too early yet, but does anyone know when the fixtures are announced for next season?

Hoping to get over and take in a game later this year. Trying to book flights etc as early as possible.

Last year they released the dates on the 27th July, with the first Serie A game taking place on 18th August. 

Even with dates released, so many are changed with a fortnight to spare. They genuinely don't seem to give a care about the inconvenience caused, must have implications on the crowds, then again I find that the Italians in general don't really give a f**k. 

We were trying to get tickets in the away end in Naples to watch Lazio, game was a Sunday, wasn't until the Thursday they announced no away fans were allowed to travel. Luckily easy enough to get them in the home end.

21 hours ago, Meatwad said:

Full Time in the Serie B relegation playout between Salernitana and Venezia in Salerno.

It finished 2-1 to the hosts with goals coming from Milan Djuric and Lamin Jallow before Gianmarco Zigoni pulled a goal back for the Venetians - what a fall from grace after the highs of last season's promotion push.

...and travelling in the other direction, Pisa 2-2 Triestina in the first leg of one of the two Serie C promotion "finals"; Piacenza face Trapani in the other pair of matches

big news for Fiorentina - they've been bought by the billionaire owner of Mediacom, Italian-American Rocco Commisso; he's pissed about with 'soccer' in the US for years, but seems set to really throw some money at La Viola - would be great to have another club gatecrash the business end of Serie A - going to be an interesting summer in Firenze....

pretty immediate statement of intent could be made by getting Chiesa to stay - if Commisso's lira (sic) can pull that off, he'll be an instant hero at the Artemio Franchi by sticking one up Juve as his first move

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:43, LondonHMFC said:

Even with dates released, so many are changed with a fortnight to spare. They genuinely don't seem to give a care about the inconvenience caused, must have implications on the crowds, then again I find that the Italians in general don't really give a f**k. 

by changed with a fortnight to spare,do you mean dates for that weekend finalized for tv games etc?tbf, pretty much everywhere in Europe does that nowadays.

no excuse for how late serie A releases its fixtures,though

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

by changed with a fortnight to spare,do you mean dates for that weekend finalized for tv games etc?tbf, pretty much everywhere in Europe does that nowadays.

no excuse for how late serie A releases its fixtures,though

they finalise the kick off times and matchdays in blocks of about six weeks at a time, so although you may only get a couple of weeks notice for games in week one of any given block depending on when you are looking to go, you'll have plenty of notice for those a bit later on - just takes a bit of thought, that's all; bearing in mind the staggering of fixtures over every weekend, you're almost bound to find an alternative game within easy reach even if your first choice gets moved, but it's never a great idea to book just one night in a particular place hoping to go to a specific game nearby - i guess that applies pretty much anywhere though, not just italy

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

they finalise the kick off times and matchdays in blocks of about six weeks at a time, so although you may only get a couple of weeks notice for games in week one of any given block depending on when you are looking to go, you'll have plenty of notice for those a bit later on - just takes a bit of thought, that's all; bearing in mind the staggering of fixtures over every weekend, you're almost bound to find an alternative game within easy reach even if your first choice gets moved, but it's never a great idea to book just one night in a particular place hoping to go to a specific game nearby - i guess that applies pretty much anywhere though, not just italy

absolutely

when I said no excuse for how late they release their fixtures,i meant the late announcement of the seasons fixtures.spain are as bad and I think worse for the announcement of actual days and times

few loose ends tied up today:

Venezia are relegated from Serie B - they won the second leg of the playout final 1-0 against Salernitana, but I Granata won on penalties

Pisa are promoted to the second tier, beating Triestina 5-3 on aggregate with two goals in extra time; Piacenza and Trapani's first leg finished goalless

pretty impressive turn out for Pisa's win in Triest by both sets of fans:

image.png.f10013b4fa616c742a1dc7aaba2a875f.png

image.png.b7400108afd9121a54b3f4aab866020e.png

Seven teams are promoted (in bold) from Eccellenza to Serie D after the completion of their playoffs:

Breno-Legnano 2-1 (1-1)

Tritium-Edmondo Brian  0-1 (2-0)

Valle Del Tevere-Progresso 2-1 (1-3) 

Poggibonsi- P.S. Elpidio 3-1 (0-2) 

Mestre-Pomezia 0-0 (1-1)

Agropoli-Brindisi 1-1 (0-1) 

Canicattì-Biancavilla 2-4 d.c.r. (0-1) 

disappointed to note the defeat of the splendidly named Edmondo Brian (f**k you, Tritium); from Precenicco a few mile south west of Udine - been looking for a team to follow in the lower reaches of the Italian game - they'll do nicely...

image.png.47153e77019994c48ec5283579e2b48e.png

image.png.c51a49fa96067ff5dbb515452d9b4ad3.png

:thumsup2

Edited by Herman Hessian