Italian Football Thread

Kris.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Five pages in today's paper on Juventus, four inches on their opponents (an article titled "The Opponents"). Home win, please.

Put SPAL on my coupon out of solidarity. Cheers!

This season they give a f**k. It's been the focus of Juventus and Napoli's seasons since Christmas and Spalletti has been desperate for European success to keep his job and Zhang is desperate for some return on his investment.

The Champions League is very difficult to win and I think the problem with the Europa League is that for most clubs it's far more important to make sure you qualify for the next year's tournament than it is to stay in the current one.

A 0-0 draw for Messina away to Roccella yesterday, leaves us still 4 points  above the dreaded relegation playoff zone.

Two games to play in Serie D Group I, a week on Sunday Messina are at home to Sancataldese, who are the team 4 points behind us.

At least a point, or it's squeaky arse time going into the last game.

Forza Messina

messina-calcio-840x420.jpg

formazione-a-roccella-773x380.jpg

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Pordenone could be promoted today, potentially setting up a Friuli derby in Serie B next season with Udinese.

that'd be cool - got an idea that'd be their first competitive meeting; Udinese have played the other main Friulian sides already - Monfalcone,  Triestina, Pro Gorizia, but not Pordenone

22 hours ago, Silverton End said:

A 0-0 draw for Messina away to Roccella yesterday, leaves us still 4 points  above the dreaded relegation playoff zone.

Two games to play in Serie D Group I, a week on Sunday Messina are at home to Sancataldese, who are the team 4 points behind us.

At least a point, or it's squeaky arse time going into the last game.

Forza Messina

messina-calcio-840x420.jpg

formazione-a-roccella-773x380.jpg

I just noticed that former Celtic superstar, Amido Balde, played for Messina this season. :lol:

Almost as odd as Djibril Cisse 'playing' for a dodgy reincarnation of Vicenza.

14 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I just noticed that former Celtic superstar, Amido Balde, played for Messina this season. :lol:

Almost as odd as Djibril Cisse 'playing' for a dodgy reincarnation of Vicenza.

The Italian wilderness leagues are a joy for sure

5 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

The Italian wilderness leagues are a joy for sure

I'm well aware. I follow a team who play in Prima Categoria (seventh level of Italian football) despite being in the professional leagues less than ten years ago.

I also quite like Napoli but that's not as interesting.