Italian Football Thread

Kris.

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Isn't he in the midst of selling the club to Chinese investors? Zamparini is an absolute space cadet.

Well so he claims but it's Zamp.  What Zamp says doesn't necessarily have any connection to reality.

There was what seemed to be a serious American consortium interested in taking over but those talks 'broke down'.

5 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Seen a bit of this on twitter. He insulted the fans so they had a banner telling him to gtf essentially?

Well, what he said in the book was:

I am ready to face them one by one. How many are there? 50, 100, 200? OK, record my message and let him listen: I’ll bring 100 criminals from Argentina who’ll kill them where they stand, then we’ll see.

:mellow::lol:

40 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

So whilst he's getting the shit kicked out of him, there will be 100 people travelling across from Argentina to save him?

Don't think that he's thought this one out...

He's an utter moron, so it's not surprising. Anyway, I'm curious to know whether anyone at Inter read his book before it was released. If they had, surely they'd have done something. Zanetti's statement earlier implies no-one had, and he doesn't sound very pleased.

Edited by Kris.

I think my favourite bit from the bits and pieces I've seen posted online from his book, is this:

He said: “The day before I left for a friendly tour in the US, I got a message from Wanda, I was surprised because I usually spoke with Maxi, not with her.

“She asked me if I could buy a new iPad in the US, it wasn’t available yet in Italy at that time. That episode, however, made me think.

“Did Wanda really want that tablet, or was she seeking an excuse to get in touch with me?

:lol:

Seen that translated elsewhere as saying:  "We’re here… When your Argentine friends arrive, will you warn us or do it like a coward?". Pwopa nawty. Everyone involved in the whole thing look like total fannies. Utterly hilarious for the rest of us though.

As for actual football; Milan beat Chievo 3-1 to move third. 3 of the 4 goals were belters, with Milan's third coming courtesy of one of the most ridiculous deflections I've seen.

Disappointing he's only been fined, was hoping for more scenes. Although, the ultras aren't pleased:

http://www.football-italia.net/93077/inter-ultras-‘icardi-dead-us’

Inter’s Ultras are “against the decision” to allow Mauro Icardi to continue as captain - “Icardi the player is dead to us”.

The striker released an autobiography last week, and among the things recounted was a disagreement between the players and the Ultras after a defeat to Sassuolo in February 2015.

The Curva Nord were furious about Icardi’s version of events, demanding that he be stripped of the captaincy, but the Nerazzurri have allowed him to keep the armband.

“In principle we’re against this decision, we need to see what the club’s reasons are,” a spokesman for the Ultra Group, Franco Caravita, told SportItalia.

“If we have a problem then we’ll evaluate that problem.

“The relationship with Icardi? After what was written in the book, something that was written freely and not interpreted in an article or said instinctively under pressure, the relationship can’t be mended.

“These words were too serious, and I’d add that we’re hostages to these characters, who ask for millionaire contracts and then behave like spoiled children.

“You can’t mock a fan and treat him like an idiot just because you can kick a ball, not to mention that this book was written based on falsehoods.

“Icardi the player is dead to us. We hope he’ll withdraw this book and then that would probably close the matter for us.

“Until the day before yesterday he greeted me, and hid that he wanted me killed. There are some things in life that a man can’t bear.

“So if he’s a real man he’ll withdraw the book, but given the attitude he has I don’t think he will.

“The decisions have been taken now, so even though we don’t accept what has been decided, we have to make the best of a bad situation. All we can do is take our unconditional love around Italy.

“We understand that there’s a corporate power vacuum right now, on the 29th the board of directors will meet so we’ll see then.

“We were pleased by the words of [vice-President Javier] Zanetti, which came from the experience he had and is having with us.

“He has always respected the fans, even if we’ve had some delicate moments with him. He looked at the reality and we faced each other in a frank and honest way.

“We don’t expect to go out and about with the players, we just want a simple and loyal relationship.

“If Icardi scores, he scores for Inter. So we’ll thank Inter, not him.”