Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Are the Milan sides "on the rise"?

Get the feeling them and Roma are on an upwards trajectory and Italian sides regularly going deep in the CL isn't too far away. Always have a soft spot for Italian football

2 minutes ago, David W said:

Sassuolo were a bit unlucky; penalty to make it 3-2 was a poor decision.

This Roma v Inter game has been a brilliant watch. Good football and errors in plentiful supply.

Aye, thought that too. They totally imploded after that as well. Could still have gotten a draw towards the end, mind.

The Roma game should be 4-4 or something equally ridiculous at HT. It's a NAP to finish 1-0 now though.

Juve took awhile to get their first goal yesterday, but in truth it was a very comfortable victory away to Empoli, who again looked like an absolute rabble.

Juan Cudrado is an infuriating player to watch btw. Has ridiculous pace which gets him into excellent positions, but his end product is woeful.

What's the best way about getting tickets for a Serie A game?

The website listickets sells them for most of the bigger clubs and you print them at home. To register you need to put in an Italian postal code though. Easy enough to just find one online and put it next to your own address or a hotel address or whatever. Just as long as its a valid Italian code it'll let you progress with the registration

Caught my first full 90 minutes of a Parma game this season on Monday, when they played FeralpiSalo at home. They lost 2-1, their second defeat of the season which leaves them sitting 9th on 12 points after 8 games, 5 points off top spot. It was the fourth time this season they'd conceded 2 goals in a league game - although they've kept clean sheets in the other four, so I'm not sure the defence is that bad, but they certainly need to tighten it up a bit. They aren't exactly banging them in at the other end. 10 goals in the 8 games so far, but 4 of those were in one game. They did bring in a lot of players over the summer so hopefully it's just a case of them needing time to settle in and gel with the rest of the squad, but results so far certainly don't point to them challenging for the title at the seasons end.

Anyway, on this game itself, it was actually pretty entertaining, result aside. Was played at a good pace and both sides played some nice stuff at times. I actually missed the FeralpiSalo opener as my internet cut off just as their player was about to take his shot. I spent about 2 minutes frantically refreshing the page to see if they'd actually scored or not - given the position he was in, I knew once the internet was up and running again that it was going to be 1-0. Parma equalised from a corner a minute before half time, then let Feralpi go straight up the park, win their own corner and go back in front thanks to some awful marking. Second half seen lots of Parma pressure, but Feralpi defended pretty well and there wasn't many (if any) clear cut chances. Parma did have three goals disallowed though, one which was pretty harsh for a supposed foul on the goalkeeper. The game was stopped for a minute or two as well, as some supporters in the Curva decided to start launching bottles at the Feralpi 'Keeper.  Just under 10,000 at the game which is pretty good going for that level, although it was about 300 down from their previous home game. Up next is Forli away from home, who are bottom of the table with no wins, 3 goals scored and a -12 GD. In fact, their next 3 games are against the current bottom three. 9 points from those puts them right back in the mix as the league itself is pretty tight at the top. 1st down to 7th are separated by just 2 points. 

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

3-2 to Forli at half time. Parma pulling it back from 2-0 down only for Forli to score in the 45th minute.

Interesting to see newly-promoted Sambenedettese top. They won their Serie D group a few years back but were administratively relegated to Eccellenza Marche because they were skint and have fought their way back. If they secure promotion and Ascoli stay up then they'll face each other in Serie B for the first time since the 1985/86 season. Former Napoli, Roma and Ascoli coach, Carlo Mazzone, said that the Ascoli-Samb rivalry was the most intense one he'd ever experienced. Personally I prefer Samb.

23 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Parma win 5-3, Calaio scoring at the end there :wub:

The 3 points were never in doubt. ^_^ Didn't catch the game as I was late in, but struggling like that against utter shite like Forli is a concern, but 5 goals and the win will certainly do. Only moved up one place with the win, but now 2 points closer to the top which is pleasing.

I really like Sambenedettese's ground as it happens:

Stadio_Riviera_delle_Palme_veduta_aerea.

I'm sure it's only recently they added in the roof, but despite still being a bit run down, it looks like it would generate a pretty good atmosphere.  In fact, Parma got a 2-2 draw there just a few games back - highlights here if you're interested: CLICK. An absolute screamer for their second.

Excellent win for roma yesterday away to Napoli. Their first defeat at the San Paolo in 17 games and Roma's first away win of the season. Typical that we've now beaten both inter and Napoli but are off the pace thanks to stupid draws and defeats against lesser teams

17 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Parma win 5-3, Calaio scoring at the end there :wub:

Highlights now up:
http://sportube.tv/play?titolo=Forli---Parma-3-5%2C-9^Giornata-Girone-B&id=20592&cat=106&sez=9

Three things in particular I love about the highlights: The Parma kit :wub:, the celebrations of the Forli subs/bench after each of their goals, and the defenders reaction to giving away the penalty at the end. :lol: Really impressed with the Sportube service as well, free highlights from most (all?) Lega Pro Cup/League games and reasonably priced for single games too.