Italian Football Thread

Kris.

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Cracking looking match to kick it off tonight. And a fierce rivalry as well

Technically the Roma game on just now has kicked the season off, but tonight's game should be good.

Dani Alves starts for Juve, with Pjaca, Pjanic and Higuain all on the bench. No Fiorentina team news from what I can find so far.

8 minutes ago, Max Power. said:

Technically the Roma game on just now has kicked the season off, but tonight's game should be good.

Dani Alves starts for Juve, with Pjaca, Pjanic and Higuain all on the bench. No Fiorentina team news from what I can find so far.

Full teams for the game:

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Dani Alves, Khedira, Lemina, Asamoah, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Mandzukic

Juventus bench: Neto, Audero, Lichtsteiner, Rugani, Benatia, Evra, Marrone, Hernanes, Pjanic, Pjaca, Higuain, Zaza

Fiorentina: Tatarusanu; Tomovic, Gonzalo Rodriguez, Astori, Alonso; Vecino, Badelj, Chiesa, Bernardeschi; Ilicic; Kalinic

Fiorentina bench: Lezzerini, Dragoswki, De Maio, Sanchez, Diks, Milic, Tello, Mati Fernandez, Babacar, Zarate, Rossi, Hagi

Federico Chiesa (son of Enrico) makes his professional debut, think he's a winger not a striker like his dad.

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Evacuo is a pretty solid player too. Scored goals wherever he's gone in the last 10 years or so. I think I know Mohamed Coly but I'm not sure. Probably from playing FM. They do look like a solid team in general. Just need to wait for the start of the season.

In other news, Roma horsed Udinese 4-0 earlier on. Some start by them. It also appears that Hagi on the Fiorentina bench is the son of Gheorghe Hagi.

Despite being 32 Coly hasn't played that much football in his career, a quick glance would suggest Craig Sibbald has played about 50 games more for Falkirk alone despite being 11 years younger. Mental. He actually came through Parma's youth system in the early 00's, but appears to have kicked about Serie B/Lega Pro his entire career.

Impressed by Roma earlier, well, in the second half at least, should have scored more. Udinese looked okay, as they kind of always do these days. Not shite, but not great. Chiesa and Hagi being in the Fiorentina team make me feel old. Simeone's son in the league now, too. Although it seems he's went to Genoa rather than Pescara.

Edited by Max Power.

Two live games today: Milan v Torino at 5pm & Pescara v Napoli at 7:45pm. 

Other games are:
Atalanta v Lazio
Bologna v Crotone
Chievo v Inter
Empoli v Sampdoria
Genoa v Cagliari
Palermo v Sassuolo

And the big one: Pro Piacenza v Parma in the Lega Pro Coppa Italia.