Italian Football Thread

Kris.

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

This game is proof that Serie A is one of the most exciting leagues on the planet at the moment!

Every week seems to be a game that is on another level of excitement. 

That was a massive result for Lazio, Lotito has been quite scathing in the press recently about Inzaghi. 

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

This game is proof that Serie A is one of the most exciting leagues on the planet at the moment!

It was a smashing game. But I always think it's unwise to link the 'excitement' level of a game to the competition it took place in.

Exciting and boring games happen in every league and cup in the world. It's just your luck, really.

Really enjoyed this one though.

It was a smashing game. But I always think it's unwise to link the 'excitement' level of a game to the competition it took place in.
Exciting and boring games happen in every league and cup in the world. It's just your luck, really.
Really enjoyed this one though.
I very much agree with your point in general, but there are differences between leagues. I lived in Albania during the 16-17 season and the majority of games were dreadfully dull midfield battles, you'd be lucky to see more than one through ball a game and the league averaged less than two goals a game, despite some cannon fodder at the foot of the table.
By comparison this year's Serie A has 49% more goals which means you're more likely to see comebacks like yesterday's. You could have picked out Lazio-Atalanta as a game to watch back in August due to Gasperini's style and the relative quality of the two teams.

36 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I very much agree with your point in general, but there are differences between leagues. I lived in Albania during the 16-17 season and the majority of games were dreadfully dull midfield battles, you'd be lucky to see more than one through ball a game and the league averaged less than two goals a game, despite some cannon fodder at the foot of the table.
By comparison this year's Serie A has 49% more goals which means you're more likely to see comebacks like yesterday's. You could have picked out Lazio-Atalanta as a game to watch back in August due to Gasperini's style and the relative quality of the two teams.

You could have, yeah, but you'd have stood a good chance of being wrong.

I think we broadly agree though. I just think any time someone says anything along the lines of 'what a great advert for League/Cup X' is a bit of a big statement.

You get utterly dreadful games in the Premier League, La Liga, the Champions League etc just as much as you get some absolute gems in lesser leagues.

The best game of football I've ever seen was Hearts v Hibs on Boxing Day 2006.

ETA: I do take your point about certain leagues. I lived in Korea and watched a lot of K-League. Mainly pedestrian shite due to the conservative nature of most teams in the league (a reflection on society?). But in general I think football just throws up good games and bad games. Just your luck, really.

Edited by JTS98

Beautiful goal from Calhanoglu. Lecce are utter garbage though. This should be a confidence building exercise for Milan but they're not quite there yet.

Lovely assist from Calhanoglu puts Milan 2-1 up but Calderoni fires a bullet in injury time for the draw. Milan are likely to get worse in January as well as they try to solve their financial problems.

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:56, JTS98 said:

Just put on the Sassuolo - Inter game at 0-1 only to see Inter give away a right cheap equaliser.

Inter look pretty average so far.

Hope you kept with it. Another crazy game. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50118919 

Roma the latest side to be caught making racist noises. 

46 minutes ago, Dele said:

Jack Rodwell is signing for Roma in the morning. 

Sorry what?  Jack Rodwell?  Like the Jack Rodwell who couldn't get a game for injury stricken Sunderland in the English championship?  What an absolutely bizarre signing.

Maybe he has the same agent Julien Faubert had in 2009

SO this Jack Rodwell to Roma thing is far from a done deal.  Roma are apparently looking for a new midfielder and are choosing between Rodwell and Marcel Buchel, a 28 year old Leichtenstein international who last played competitively for relegated Hellas Verona in 2017-18.  He was on the books at Empoli last year but couldn't get a game for them as they were relegated

Not exactly an inspiring set of options

3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

inter bottle it,shockerooney

as usual,even when juve don't win,they win. cracking point for both lecce and parma,though

Yep typical Inter bottling it again. Sounds like a good game will have to watch the highlights today.