Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Just now, Craig fae the Vale said:

Got Cremonese v Sassuolo on the TV just now and the stadium is half empty. Is this the normal for the smaller teams in Serie A? Sassuolo fans have packed their end, but the other sides are very sparsely populated.

I don't blame them. The standard is exceptionally poor.

This Juventus v Salernitana game has been absolutely phenomenal. 

Salernitana the better team throughout and should have won having been 2-0 up at the break and largely untroubled in the second half. Juve then get a last minute penalty to equalise which Bonucci misses but nets the rebound. Then Milik scores a last gasp winner from a corner kick, is sent off for celebrating only for the goal to then be ruled out by VAR for a dodgy offside. That then led to a mass brawl which saw at least four people sent off.

17 minutes ago, David W said:

Salernitana the better team throughout and should have won having been 2-0 up at the break and largely untroubled in the second half. Juve then get a last minute penalty to equalise which Bonucci misses but nets the rebound. Then Milik scores a last gasp winner from a corner kick, is sent off for celebrating only for the goal to then be ruled out by VAR for a dodgy offside. That then led to a mass brawl which saw at least four people sent off.

Was amazed at how poor Juventus looked. Genuinely didnt look like they had a plan on what to do with the ball when they had it.

Some ending - love it when games turn to absolute chaos when I have zero investment in either team.

Defo correct decision to rule out for offside though. 

My score app is only showing Cuadrado, Allegri and Fazio as getting reds after the brawl. I thought there was more too. Crazy finish.

1 hour ago, David W said:

dodgy offside

See the thread - looks like it was wrongly ruled out!

Really should have a airplane cockpit-style checklist in the VAR hub they need to go through - final bullet "check wide angle for offside" before the decision is made.

See the thread - looks like it was wrongly ruled out!
Really should have a airplane cockpit-style checklist in the VAR hub they need to go through - final bullet "check wide angle for offside" before the decision is made.

Didn't realise the extent of Juve's Metro loyal.

Tammy Abraham is pretty shite any time I watch him.
English players aren't half overrated.

I like Tammy. Guys a giant, good player, comes across well and has actually gone to the effort of learning Italian. A much better English role model than the majority of gimps that play in the #barclays