Italian Football Thread

Kris.

On 24/05/2022 at 20:56, DMCs said:

Absolutely incredible from the Salerno fans and what an achievement considering where they were in the table a few months ago. 

Nothing makes me turn a video off quicker than some garbage music having been dubbed over the top.

I could mute it, but it's a point of principle.

• 1 month later...

I can't put my finger on it but something seems dodgy about the same group owning so many football clubs. I always thought that a person / company could only own 1 club due to potential conflicts of interest. Wasn't there an issue a few years ago when Abramovich owned Chelsea but was also looking to buy CSKA Moscow or something like that?

I can't put my finger on it but something seems dodgy about the same group owning so many football clubs. I always thought that a person / company could only own 1 club due to potential conflicts of interest. Wasn't there an issue a few years ago when Abramovich owned Chelsea but was also looking to buy CSKA Moscow or something like that?

Think the issue then was that they were both competing in UEFA competition at the same time, hence creating a direct conflict. Far as I know, none of the teams currently owned are at that level apart from City?

15 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Think the issue then was that they were both competing in UEFA competition at the same time, hence creating a direct conflict. Far as I know, none of the teams currently owned are at that level apart from City?

Leipzig and Salzburg seem to manage okay in the same European competitions.

There was something years ago that I’m sure didn’t allow it but that rule must have been changed.

Luka Jovic to Fiorentina on a “free transfer” which is something like 50% sell on clause. Great signing for them if he can regain his form. They also signed Mandragora who made a grand total of zero league appearances in his second spell at Juventus, after making one in his first.

2 hours ago, Smurph said:

Luka Jovic to Fiorentina on a “free transfer” which is something like 50% sell on clause. Great signing for them if he can regain his form. 

Yep and surely confirms his move to Real Madrid as one of the top ten worst ever transfers. To get absolutely nothing back on the books for his departure and a flaky sell-on is a disaster. 

Cesc Fabregas set to sign for Serie B side Como, magic moments incoming? The current Como chairman is Dennis Wise of all people & the club are owned by the Indonesian company Djarum who are primarily a manufacturer of kretek style cigarettes.

Edited by GNU_Linux

• 4 weeks later...

Iv thoroughly enjoyed the opening weekend of Seria A. The end of the Fiorentina - Cremonese game was incredible. 

napoli looked superb when battering Verona earlier and Juventus have struggled so far against Sassuolo but have the lead through an Angel Di Maria goal

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2022 at 15:52, GNU_Linux said:

Cesc Fabregas set to sign for Serie B side Como, magic moments incoming? The current Como chairman is Dennis Wise of all people & the club are owned by the Indonesian company Djarum who are primarily a manufacturer of kretek style cigarettes.

Signed Cutrone from Wolves few days ago too. Thierry Henry investing in them apparently. They'll need to improve their results though as first two matches were draws after losing last minute goals in each match. Last night they lost Lombardia derby at home to Brescia.