Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Sensational end to the Milan Spezia game - Milan "scored" late in added time, only for the game to be pulled back and they were awarded a freekick, from which they won a corner from which the keeper/crossbar (it was hard to tell) scrambled it away.

And with practically the last kick of the game Spezia scored from another breakaway, AC Milan 1 Spezia 2

2 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

Bizarre ending to the Milan game there. 1-1 at home to Spezia, referee blew for a foul on the edge of the box on 91 mins despite the ball clearly rolling through to Messias who scored. Ref apologised realising he'd made a right c*nt of it.

Great save from the Spezia keeper from the resulting free kick. He then made another great save from the corner, tipping the ball onto the bar. Then Spezia broke away to score in the 95th minute and win at the San siro for the first time in their history.

Looks like milan aren't going to win the title on that kind of form. Great result for Spezia though.  

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Sensational end to the Milan Spezia game - Milan "scored" late in added time, only for the game to be pulled back and they were awarded a freekick, from which they won a corner from which the keeper/crossbar (it was hard to tell) scrambled it away.

And with practically the last kick of the game Spezia scored from another breakaway, AC Milan 1 Spezia 2

At least we were both watching the same game! :lol:

Haven't been following the Italian league much but saw the result against Milan and thought that's unbelievable. My avatar is the La Spezia coat of arms as my mother's side of family from there. Will need to start watching the games, Spezia seem to have done pretty well since being promoted to Serie A couple of years ago.

Fiorentina running away with this one, 3 up at half time, some freekick for nr 3.

ETA: Fiorentina 6 Genoa 0. The fifth goal was another cracking freekick and the sixth goal was a free header for the smallest man on the park, Torriere, to score. After the first half there was only going to be one winner, and it's easy seen why Genoa are in relegation trouble, their defence was pulled apart, time after time.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Cagliari 1 Fiorentina 1

Both sides missed penalties, or, more accurately, had them saved, Fiorentina after 7 minutes in the first half, and Cagliari in the second half which would have made it 2-0, absolutely dreadful penalty kick to be honest. Fiorentina then equalised with a lovely goal.

Fiorentina ended the match with 10 men. Quite a number of yellow cards handed out, too.

I have a feeling the miniscule crowd isn't helping matters, but this feels like one of the worst games I've seen in quite a while. It's just been both teams running from one end to the other, then planting a shot straight into the shins of a defender.

27 minutes ago, David W said:

I have a feeling the miniscule crowd isn't helping matters, but this feels like one of the worst games I've seen in quite a while. It's just been both teams running from one end to the other, then planting a shot straight into the shins of a defender.

The pitch didn't help either, but you're right that too many players were making stupid and/or safe decisions on the ball. 

I had never seen this photo before today but it’s the Italian squad from Italia ‘90 sporting the other teams’ shirts. Bobby Mancini rocking the Scotland top.

Some quality faces from Italian football of yesteryear.

A53ED380-F24C-425F-9C1C-45BB03DF337B.jpeg

Edited by ArabGaz

9 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

I had never seen this photo before today but it’s the Italian squad from Italia ‘90 sporting the other teams’ shirts. Bobby Mancini rocking the Scotland top.

Some quality faces from Italian football of yesteryear.

A53ED380-F24C-425F-9C1C-45BB03DF337B.jpeg

That's a great photo.

Looks like Dusan Vlahovic is going to… Juventus.

Hard to keep a player that doesn’t want to stay, and especially one as good as him, but it’s always fucking Juventus. Seems like they’ve always been his preference too. 

15 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Looks like Dusan Vlahovic is going to… Juventus.

Hard to keep a player that doesn’t want to stay, and especially one as good as him, but it’s always fucking Juventus. Seems like they’ve always been his preference too. 

Arsenal were in for him as well. Juventus the better choice out of them 2