Italian Football Thread

Kris.

On 05/01/2022 at 07:06, Ludo*1 said:

Chievo who were in the Serie A for about 20-odd year until they got relegated in 2019 are another that are no more.

Chievo had been involved in some very “creative accounting” regarding their transfer fees which ultimately led to their downfall. They were my Italian team of choice as they had some absolutely beautiful away kits over the seasons. I also enjoyed the overwhelming rage they seemed to inspire in Gabriele Marcotti on the Golazzo podcast.

Less than a month before they officially announced they were going out of business, I received an email encouraging me to buy items from their store and advising me of their upcoming youth summer football camps.

Perfectly fine goal disallowed in the Inter game because some specky, probably bald gimp fancies getting his trigonometry set out on a still image.

1517853222_RpaYRMeapf0X(2).gif.37083e05fe45b65b53d44333b76328c4.gif

Just get VAR to f**k if this is how they are going to use it. 

Bizarre ending to the Milan game there. 1-1 at home to Spezia, referee blew for a foul on the edge of the box on 91 mins despite the ball clearly rolling through to Messias who scored. Ref apologised realising he'd made a right c*nt of it.

Great save from the Spezia keeper from the resulting free kick. He then made another great save from the corner, tipping the ball onto the bar. Then Spezia broke away to score in the 95th minute and win at the San siro for the first time in their history.

Looks like milan aren't going to win the title on that kind of form. Great result for Spezia though.