Italian Football Thread

Kris.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know who is going to win the Serie A title this year, but I'd be amazed if it was Juventus.
Both Napoli and Milan have looked very decent so far. Despite losing a few players and making a lot of cuts, Inter look like they'll still be there or thereabouts.

No doubt Juve will get their act together at some point and reel them in.

Randomly watched the Genoa vs Hellas Verona. Turned into a cracker. Verona went 2-0 up early in the second half and almost went three up but then Genoa brought on the mad cap duo of Behrami and Pandev who seemed to spark them into life as they both soon got booked. Went 3-2 up only for former Viola star Kalinic to equalise. 

RE: La Scudetto I'd love Fiorentina to win it but that isn't going to happen. I'd take a Euro slot under Italiano who has la Viola playing some decent football after the murderball of the last couple of seasons. Couple of attacking signings to supplement Vlahovic. 

Hard to nail down one contender. A lot of decent sides at different levels of development. Juvé will be in the mix. Can't write of Jose at Roma. Inter maybe on the wain but still dangerous. Personally as it won't be Firenze I'd love Atalanta to win it but with them being in the CL that will stretch them to the limit.

AC Milan and Napoli both look contenders to me and if you're finishing above them you'll be getting the title yourselves.

Edited by jagfox BLM

50 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Rome derby has been a good game so far. Lazio 2-1 up with a couple of minutes until half time.

Ex-Roma man Pedro bagging one for Lazio is something considering Jose froze him out at Roma & is also the first player since Astutillo Malgioglio in 1985 to move between the two. Sure he's also only the 3rd player ever to score in the derby for both.

Ex-Roma man Pedro bagging one for Lazio is something considering Jose froze him out at Roma & is also the first player since Astutillo Malgioglio in 1985 to move between the two. Sure he's also only the 3rd player ever to score in the derby for both.
Yeah they mentioned in the commentary he's only the third player to score for both in the derby. Also the first to score in back-to-back derbies for both clubs.

I tweeted about this earlier but I noticed Al-Saddi Gaddafi had been released from jail last month.

Reminded me of these articles I read a while ago, It's a good 10 min killer.

https://thelab.bleacherreport.com/dreams-of-a-dictator-s-son/

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/football/news/i-could-be-dead-here-zeljko-kalacs-crazy-stint-playing-with-colonel-gaddafis-son-in-serie-a/1mxc8ffr43vwo1fzpcmic721bq

https://davesiknow.com/2017/07/20/profiles-in-weirdness-the-strange-sad-story-of-muammar-gaddafis-son-in-professional-soccer/

Clearly a madman and arse but seemed to like a night oot.

• 2 weeks later...