Italian Football Thread

Kris.

It's all for the Chinese. Chinese owned and a new Chinese sponsor is replacing Pirelli. They're changing their name to Inter Milano, too.
Isn't it Internazionale Milano? Which means Italians and folk who know football will still call them Inter (or Internazionale), morons and TV pundits (which are the same thing I guess) will still call them Inter Milan, and the only time we'll see the new name will be when the name comes out the hat at UEFA for Champions League or Europa League draws?

Isn't it Internazionale Milano? Which means Italians and folk who know football will still call them Inter (or Internazionale), morons and TV pundits (which are the same thing I guess) will still call them Inter Milan, and the only time we'll see the new name will be when the name comes out the hat at UEFA for Champions League or Europa League draws?
It has been Football Club Internazionale Milano but will now be simply Inter Milano, hence why the badge has changed to get rid of the F and C.

17 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's all for the Chinese. Chinese owned and a new Chinese sponsor is replacing Pirelli. They're changing their name to Inter Milano, too.

im still struggling to understand why youd change a known emblem for a new one emphasising I and M for a demographic that doesnt use the latin alphabet

I'm not sure even Juventus, and their frankly disturbing ability to magic their way to the top of the league, can turn this around now. At this rate they'll struggle to get in the CL.

41 minutes ago, David W said:

I'm not sure even Juventus, and their frankly disturbing ability to magic their way to the top of the league, can turn this around now. At this rate they'll struggle to get in the CL.

They were fortunate today that Torino are so bad at holding leads.  Can't see any path to the Scudetto for them, especially with the form that Inter are in

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

That's LIvorno been relegated to Serie D.  7 years ago, they were playing in Serie A. Since then, they've spent 4 seasons in Serie B and 3 seasons in Serie C.

Siena are down there too, it seems to happen a lot in Italian Football