Italian Football Thread

Kris.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Bologna are 3-0 up, in the small bits of this game I have watched, Hickey has looked alright, confident on the ball

Edit: defensively he's looked decent as well, he's made a couple of good interceptions and his positioning has looked good.  Granted my sample size is about 20 minutes of play but good signs

Edited by senorsoupe

Watched Lazio 1 Atalanta 4 tonight - despite not being in the game for the first 10 minutes Atalanta switched Papu Gomez's position and it worked. 3-0 up at HT, a goal for Lazio plus a brilliant chance for Immobile saw hopes of a comeback but a swift Gomez goal put paid to that and the Lazio heads dropped. Gomez has to be one of the best players in the world right now, if it wasn't for his age I suspect he'd have more suitors waiting to take him away to bigger clubs than Atalanta. Their squad looks strengthened too as the only big departure was Castagne to Leicester and most of last season's fringe players are now fairly experienced with the fairly punishing post-restart schedule in the summer - possible dark horses for the scudetto.