Italian Football Thread

Kris.

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Sky Italia claiming Antonio Conte is for the chop and that Max Allegri is Inter's no. 1 target. Wonder how Hakimi feels. Eriksen will be pleased though.

i think that would be short sighted of inter but i suppose that reeling from crisis to crisis is one of the reasons they find it difficult to compete with juventus

11 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Conte has been a little bitch all season, constantly moaning about not having enough players or good enough players to challenge. I'm not surprised the Inter board are tired of it.

hes managed a team that wins.hes managed inter.hes probably a good man to compare and contrast the two

Some of Inter's signings were bizarre. Don't get me wrong they made some good signings as well but its easy to see why Conte became a bit pissed of when he's going for the league and the board hand him Ashley Young and Victor Moses.

Those are the players that Conte wanted to sign at the time and now they're massively upgrading with Hakimi at right wing-back specifically to fit his system. From where their squad was twelve months ago to what it is now - all under a pretty tight financial fair play boundary - the board have done as much as could be reasonably expected.

He's pretty much complaining about nothing which has been his M.O. at literally every big club he's managed. 

Alfredo Aglietti who guided Hellas Verona to Serie A via the playoffs in 2019 (having taken charge for the final two league games of the season) has just steered Chievo past their first hurdle in this years play-off campaign, going through after a 1-1 draw against Empoli by virtue of being the higher placed team in the regular season; would be great if he can manufacture another promotion (been in charge for a whole twelve games this time round...)

14 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

juventus dont normally make silly moves but i suspect this could be one

I'm not sure. He'll likely let the dressing room manage itself, and with the talent in there that might not be a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...