Italian Football Thread

Kris.

great youtube clip of last week's Derby del Tirreno (Livorno v Pisa) in Serie B; gotta love the 'reveal' by the Pisa Ultra's of their banners - watch for 45 seconds or so (the translation is fairly obvious - heh); these boys are great - they really fucking hate each other....

Edited by Herman Hessian

always feel so sorry for Andrea Belotti, surrounded by absolute dross at Torino, in to his fifth season there; ok, Rincon is (was) halway decent, Falque's knocked in a dozen or so three years back and Verdi was alright with Bologna, but he must just wonder why he bothers most of the time looking at the rest of halfwits in that squad, unless he just counts his cash and sucks it up...

eta - and right on cue, shite defending hands Juve another derby win...

Edited by Herman Hessian

Verona boss Ivan Juric insisted after the game though there was no racist abuse.

He said: "I'm not afraid to say today there was nothing. Lots of whistling and teasing against a great player, but there was nothing else.

"I have also taken so many insults over the years, I know what it means - but today there has been nothing.

"On the reason of the reaction you have to ask him. When there is racism, I will have no problem saying so because it sucks, even if it comes from my fans.

"But today I heard nothing. We don't create a case where there isn't, it would be a lie."

5 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Verona boss Ivan Juric insisted after the game though there was no racist abuse.

He said: "I'm not afraid to say today there was nothing. Lots of whistling and teasing against a great player, but there was nothing else.

"I have also taken so many insults over the years, I know what it means - but today there has been nothing.

"On the reason of the reaction you have to ask him. When there is racism, I will have no problem saying so because it sucks, even if it comes from my fans.

"But today I heard nothing. We don't create a case where there isn't, it would be a lie."

both Juric and Setti have made complete arses of themselves here by denying what can be heard clear as day on the fan-posted video of the Curva Sud which was copied (and subsequently reposted) before the original was taken down; it's two 'voices', granted, not the cacophony at Cagliari, but they're still twats for denying it. only mitigation I can imagine is that they'd not seen the incriminating video when they were interviewed in the immediate aftermath of the game; even so, pre-emptive condemnation of anything that may have happened, and deferring any official comment until they knew what had actually transpired would have been the sensible approach - not their cretinous, knee-jerk rebuttal - the fact that they had no properly thought out response along those lines ready to use indicates that they simply couldn't give a f**k....