Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Incredibly harsh ruling out of a Milan goal there, Kessie turning away to protect himself and the ball just gets skelped against him arm, which is tucked in in front of his chest.

Watching Lecce v Napoli a friendly reminder of how good Kalidou Koulibaly is.

Also I looked up Lecce, it looks really nice, I want to go there now

I also love how Italian refs don't mess about when booking players, whistle blows and they are running up with the card in the air.

Edited by senorsoupe

Atalanta v Fiorentina suspended for 3 mins by referee after racist abuse direct at Dalbert. If it happens again, referee or stadium safety officer can abandon game.

Hopefully they do call it off. Racism is ripe in Italy.

I want to like Atalanta - Bergamo is a superb little city, the way the club tries to embrace the whole city and gives out the shirts to newborns in the city, the superb youth academy... but they do have a right wing element to their club. Hellas are another in a similar vein.

Apologies if this info is in the thread or if this in not the right forum but looking for some help if anyone can offer some guidance. I am hoping to get over to Milan for either the Inter game on the first weekend of January or the AC Milan game the following weekend? Needing to fly home on the Sunday though of both weekends. There is a flight back to Edinburgh that leaves 8.20pm. Does anyone know how far in advance kick off times would be confirmed for these games? I cant seem to find this information online other than a thread from 3/4 years ago which suggested tv games get decided two weeks before? 

From a short bit of research it seems tickets are fairly easy to get via both teams websites. Has anyone got advice on this?

Atalanta were definitely the better team and deserved the win, despite Roma having better chances.

Thought Zaniolo was rather poor, and Roma look so disjointed when attacking. They were crying out for some pace to support Dzeko.

On 23/09/2019 at 20:46, Alexander19 said:

Apologies if this info is in the thread or if this in not the right forum but looking for some help if anyone can offer some guidance. I am hoping to get over to Milan for either the Inter game on the first weekend of January or the AC Milan game the following weekend? Needing to fly home on the Sunday though of both weekends. There is a flight back to Edinburgh that leaves 8.20pm. Does anyone know how far in advance kick off times would be confirmed for these games? I cant seem to find this information online other than a thread from 3/4 years ago which suggested tv games get decided two weeks before? 

From a short bit of research it seems tickets are fairly easy to get via both teams websites. Has anyone got advice on this?

exact dates tend to be released  a few weeks beforehand-have a look on soccerway website and check out how far in advance from todays date the fixtures are exactly known,thatd be a rough guide-though if theres any sort of Christmas/NY break(unsure if there is) that could mean you get more or less notice than normal

Milan are just not a very good team this season. The first half was turgid though the ref didn't help. In the second half the game opened up a lot more and was actually very entertaining.
Belotti is one of my favourite players in Serie A. his first was a great strike out of nothing which perhaps Donnarumma should have done better with and his second was a bit scrappy but nine out of ten players would have fucked it, like Kessie did with his glorious chance at the death.

5 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I think Donaroma can count himself lucky he wasn't redcarded for coming the c**t with the ref last night

He should have been sent off for that ridiculous "talking from behind his glove" stance anyway.  Arsehole behaviour. 

I went to Venezia vs Pisa today. 1-1 in the end. Pisa were all over Venezia in the first half but only scored the one. They then had a player sent off for a soft second yellow, but despite all their possession Venezia struggled to do anything with it and settled for the draw in the end. A decent enough game but nothing special.

Not sure I'll be back to Venezia this season, it's too much hassle. I was close to having a weekend in Reggio Emilia instead; Atalanta are currently 0-4 up after 35 minutes. Oh well, what could have been.