Italian Football Thread

Kris.

14 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Liam Henderson's Verona into the Serie A playoff final.

home and away final against Cittadella - two previous matches this season 4-0 Hellas and 3-0 Cittadella - same again would make for an interesting match...

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:38, highlandcowden said:

im planning attending some serie a matches in the near future, what are the basics re getting tickets eg is it permissible to buy on the day etc?

Who/where are you planning on visiting? We did Milan in March and was a doddle to get tickets (obviously helps that it's an 80K seater and Milan only average ~60K). Bought direct through the club website and printed them at home. Had very decent seats for about €40, easy to get there on the Metro and Peroni on tap in the ground. Great experience.

My made tried to do Juventus using one of the tout sites (Viagogo etc) and they fell through on the day of the game. Wouldn't recommend that.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Agree about Milan. If you're a football fan you really have to experience the San Siro. It's showing its age but they really should slap some sort of order on it to stop it being pulled down as it's a genuine icon. I never get the criticism of the surrounding area though. Yes one side is the rundown stadium but it's basically just mixed styles of flats and a racecourse on the others. I expected some massive industrial estate or complete bombsite given the build up it gets. 

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Who/where are you planning on visiting? We did Milan in March and was a doddle to get tickets (obviously helps that it's an 80K seater and Milan only average ~60K). Bought direct through the club website and printed them at home. Had very decent seats for about €40, easy to get there on the Metro and Peroni on tap in the ground. Great experience.

My made tried to do Juventus using one of the tout sites (Viagogo etc) and they fell through on the day of the game. Wouldn't recommend that.

im planning a weekend in bologna area in November,obviously no fixtures out for a while yet,my concern is how possible is it to wing it.prefer to get an actual ticket as a souveneir rather than print at home;awkward twat,i know. I read somewhere that it isn't possible to get a ticket on the day of the game,is this correct and,if so,does this just refer to serie A?

13 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

im planning a weekend in bologna area in November,obviously no fixtures out for a while yet,my concern is how possible is it to wing it.prefer to get an actual ticket as a souveneir rather than print at home;awkward twat,i know. I read somewhere that it isn't possible to get a ticket on the day of the game,is this correct and,if so,does this just refer to serie A?

There are ticket offices in the centre of Milan and at the stadium, so I'm pretty sure you can buy for there on the day (the info on their website suggested you could). We also went up to Bergamo on the Sunday and tried for Atalanta-Fiorentina. There were tickets left in the office next to the stadium, but they were extortionate, so we didn't bother. No idea what Bologna is like, but I don't think it's a hard rule in Serie A that you can't buy on the day.

Edited by lanky_ffc

5 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

the same day thing isn't true for all outlets - went to Fiorentina v Atalanta and Empoli v Milan last autumn and got tickets for both on the day via booths in the city/town centre; you WILL need to have a passport to buy though; they were both 'official' printed club tickets, too, from the collecting point of view...

can't vouch for bologna specifically - but just check the official club site - they will have all the details on there, with locations of the ticket-selling locations (often tobacconists or news agent kiosk things); most serie A clubs also have city centre club shops away from the grounds which sell match tickets - definitely the case for Juve, Torino and Hellas Verona but these do sometimes have restrictions on matchday sales

Bologna's a great place to go - you should be able to manage four maybe five games easily over the course of a weekend - loads of teams in the area, easily linked by train - whatever you do, though, check that all the kick off times have been adjusted for TV coverage before you draw up an itinerary - they tend to schedule a few weeks' worth of games at a time so DO NOT work on the days or times that are given with the first set of fixtures released for the season; it's a pain in the arse on the one hand, but does mean that you'll get staggered matches starting at different times which is great for two/three matches in one day, especially in Emilia-Romagna with so many teams in such a small area (recommendations - Modena and SPAL Ferrara - tight grounds with great atmosphere), and keep an eye out for local derbies if you can - they bring out the very best in italian fans

also - look out for CO-OP and/or Conad stores - they were selling 660ml bottles of Nastro Azzurro (Peroni)  for €1.00 last time I was over there  8)

Edited by Herman Hessian

On 5/22/2019 at 18:06, DiegoDiego said:

Icardi's been dropped from the Argentine squad. He should fire that agent of his.

never that good when your agent releases video of herself flashing her snatch, to be fair; say what you like about Mino Raiola, but that's one thing Pogba and co won't have to worry about....

Really enjoyed my trip to the Olimpico last night. None of the other results went Roma’s way meaning they had to settle for 6th, and the weather was fucking dreadful, but with Daniele de Rossi getting an emotional send off in front of nearly a full house, it was a great experience. Lots of banners of respect on show for Ranieri as well, which was nice.

Was skeptical about being up near the back, mainly due to my only similar experience in a bowl style of ground being at Hampden, but the seats were absolutely fine. Who knew that having stands which went upwards the further back they go, would make a better viewing experience?

69DB33B9-13FA-4873-A203-E87BA74174B2.jpeg

ECCE8FCE-3216-49E4-A37B-116B1E775935.jpeg

20 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's Gattuso away.

IIRC Sally McCoist commented on the telly that Rino could start a fight in a telephone box. 

Antonio Conte should get the Inter job later this week when his Chelsea gardening leave ends. It would be funny if AC pinched him.

getting towards the business end of the Serie C playoffs this evening - first leg of the four promotion play off  matches , nominally quarter finals en route to determining the fourth team promoted alongside Virtus Entella, Pordenone and Juve Stabia; so one of Arrezzo v Pisa, FeralpiSalo v Triestina, Catania v Trapani or imolese v Piacenza will get promoted - possibly two !

It's all gone to shit again today, as Palermo will now NOT be relegated for fiscal naughtiness, so Foggia - who thought they had a reprieve - are once again going down with Carpi, Padova and the loser of Venezia v Salernitana

however, don't forget that Serie B played out 2018/19 with just nineteen teams due to last season's protracted shambles of a closed season, and the league should have been returned to twenty clubs with this round of promotion and relegation, so Foggia are bound to appeal on the basis that them staying up would resolve the odd number of teams; hence the lack of clarity about how many of the playoff teams will come up from SC - maybe one, or maybe two (if five need to be promoted) without the need for a final decider - who fucking knows - usual Italian chaos :lol:

regardless - first leg of the Serie B promotion playoff final tomorrow - Cittadella v Hellas Verona; after Rovers and De Graafschap have both fucked up, hoping to avoid a clean sweep of play-off failures for the season, even though it will inevitably lead to a season of ineptitude that'll make Chievo's 2018/19 showing look competitive...

Hellas Verona are a bunch of Nazi b*****ds are they not?
Forza Citta! One nil up already. Cittadella is a very nice place to see a game, devoid of the coked up criminal Ultra arseholes who try their best to ruin Italian football. I'd be delighted for them to go up.

58 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Cittadella is a very nice place to see a game

nice place full stop - ever been there on the nights where they light up the walls and open them up for a circular walk - only do it a few nights every year ? very flat too...

i b*****di nazisti predictably fucking up - plenty of possession but either the final ball is woeful or the finishing is shite - ho hum...

ETA - and when the final ball and the finish are finally up to scratch, of course there's miraculous goalkeeping :lol:

Edited by Herman Hessian