Italian Football Thread

Kris.

36 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Bologna has won 19 out of a possible 24 points since Sinisa Mihajlovic took over as manager. Great job by Miha saving the club from relegation.

However he dosnt seem to stay or be kept at a club for to long

They looked doomed at one point, a great recovery by them.

Another late show today with a rally of goals late in the match to win, they've done that a few times recently.

Bad result for Messina in Serie D Group I, 1-2 at home to their nearest dropzone rival Sancataldese. Only 1 point ahead of them now, going into the final round of matches, Messina are away to 2nd bottom Rotonda Calcio. Sancataldese are at home to bottom side Igea Virtus Barcellona

:shutup

Edited by Silverton End

33 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Bad result for Messina in Serie D Group I, 0-1 at home to their nearest dropzone rival Sancataldese. Only 1 point ahead of them now, going into the final round of matches, Messina are away to 2nd bottom Rotonda Calcio. Sancataldese are at home to bottom side Igea Virtus Barcellona

:shutup

Rotonda are already relegated so that might work in Messina's favour. On the other hand, Igea Virtus are also relegated (obviously) so that could work in Sancataldese's favour.

4 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Rotonda are already relegated so that might work in Messina's favour. On the other hand, Igea Virtus are also relegated (obviously) so that could work in Sancataldese's favour.

Igea Virtus have been whipping boys, they got beat 2-1 away today to Bari, who've probably downed tools mind you.

I think Sancataldese will overtake Messina next week though.

Ideally, 2 draws please.

Edited by Silverton End

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's Milan missing out on a European place as things stand.

In an unrelated query, does anyone know if Serie B will be back to twenty-two teams for next season?

20 teams. 5 teams will be promoted from Serie C. Three automatically, two from the promotion playoffs.

On 25/04/2019 at 09:03, LondonHMFC said:

As for Lazio last night, Italian FA really need to come out and do something (banning fans from the final would be my idea), however I can't see them doing anything apart from the usual fine. 

Just saw on Sky Sports they have avoided any punishment.

A tribunal said that around 4000 fans abused the two Milan players. 

If another incident happens, part of the Olympico will be closed.

There is absolutely no deterrent for people to stop.

70th anniversary of the Superga air crash today

Torino mark 70th anniversary of Superga

in other news, Serie B on the brink of chaos again as nine clubs have petitioned the authorities to launch an immediate enquiry in to 'administrative anomalies' at Palermo; timescale already put in place for hearings, appeals and a delay to the play-offs - ho hum....

Also in Serie B, Pordenone have decided to play their games at Stadio Friuli in Udine next season as their current velodrome only holds three thousand. They plan to have a new stadium built by the following season.

That's somewhat disappointing news for me as the other option was a merger with Treviso (who have been relegated to the sixth tier).

17 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Also in Serie B, Pordenone have decided to play their games at Stadio Friuli in Udine next season as their current velodrome only holds three thousand. They plan to have a new stadium built by the following season.

That's somewhat disappointing news for me as the other option was a merger with Treviso (who have been relegated to the sixth tier).

they still chuntering on about moving in to the Fontanafredda ground, or is there a new, new stadium plan ?

A bomb was set off in front of the Irriducibili headquarters in Rome last night. 

Looks like it was done by a Left Wing group. 

The Irriducibili have put out a statement saying that if people want to go back to Terroist attacks that took place in the 70's, they are ready to respond. 

Seem to be a lot of fears for the Coppa Italia Final now.

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

I haven't seen the Parma/Sampdoria kit swap thing mentioned yet. Interesting idea.  

i stuck it in the kit thread a couple of days ago..

this is quite cool; you're no doubt (vaguely) aware of the whole italian "gemellagio" or twinning thing between various pairs of clubs; one of the most enduring is that between sampdoria and parma, who play each other tomorrow - the teams will be wearing special one-off "hybrid" shirts, combining the two sets of colours and styles...

image.thumb.png.e45124cd1bc272a9688c94afe237a7e8.png

That's Brescia and Lecce promoted to serie a, Palermo consigned to the playoffs.

Lecce with two consecutive promotions will be looking to emulate SPAL and consolidate themselves in the top flight after a few years in the wilderness.

Quick question for guys that watch serie a

Any reason Berardi has never left Sassuolo for a bigger team? Remember a couple years ago he looked like he would move on to a bigger team but notice he’s still with them

On 5/4/2019 at 12:18, Herman Hessian said:

in other news, Serie B on the brink of chaos again as nine clubs have petitioned the authorities to launch an immediate enquiry in to 'administrative anomalies' at Palermo; timescale already put in place for hearings, appeals and a delay to the play-offs - ho hum....

Relegated to Serie C but they're probably going to appeal it.

Replaced by Perugia in the playoffs.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

23 hours ago, YHallSaint said:

Quick question for guys that watch serie a

Any reason Berardi has never left Sassuolo for a bigger team? Remember a couple years ago he looked like he would move on to a bigger team but notice he’s still with them

https://www.football-italia.net/137962/berardi-im-ready-leave-sassuolo