Italian Football Thread

Kris.

15 hours ago, Silverton End said:

The Italian wilderness leagues are a joy for sure

have you seen the following site - https://www.tuttocampo.it/  ?

full details of every level of italian football, sorted by region, right down to Terza Categoria - team pics, ground photos, squad lists , up to date results and tables - it's a truly marvellous thing to behold...

On 4/19/2019 at 21:03, Silverton End said:

A 0-0 draw for Messina away to Roccella yesterday

errrr - extended match highlights  :thumsup2

go to the 'calendario' pages on that tuttocampo site, and there are links to all the video clips of various matches: - the first Messina derby of the season looks like a right bundle of laughs !

https://www.tuttocampo.it/Italia/SerieD/GironeI/Squadra/Messina/1057365/Calendario

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

have you seen the following site - https://www.tuttocampo.it/  ?

full details of every level of italian football, sorted by region, right down to Terza Categoria - team pics, ground photos, squad lists , up to date results and tables - it's a truly marvellous thing to behold...

I use Tuttocampo to follow Celano games. It's really unreliable though. Has a habit of crashing or sticking up the wrong live scores.

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

errrr - extended match highlights  :thumsup2

go to the 'calendario' pages on that tuttocampo site, and there are links to all the video clips of various matches: - the first Messina derby of the season looks like a right bundle of laughs !

https://www.tuttocampo.it/Italia/SerieD/GironeI/Squadra/Messina/1057365/Calendario

Great find.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Is there an English version?

the closest i've come across (leave it) is https://uk.soccerway.com - but that's nowhere near as good - doesn't go below the regional leagues (level eight on the pyramid, so no county league coverage for instance) and compared to tuttocampo, the club details are very sketchy - no badges, no ground pics or video for may of the lower leagues - but then again they do cover leagues the world over rather than exclusively England; it's ok for tables, results and fixtures, though; gap in the market IMO...

you can bet your arse that if you tried to do a comprehensive UK version though, you'd be constantly fighting witless copyright issues for using the fixtures, sponsor's names for the leagues, images of badges, not using up to date sponsored stadium names - all that sort of shit; none of the tiny-minded little fucks would be able to take the wider view that you were popularising the game and making it more accessible, to everyone's benefit - specifically the mug punters - i'm guessing that's why it's never proved workable...

Lazio fans are continuing to chant racist abuse towards Tiemoue Bakayoko outside the gates of San Siro. Milan v Lazio this evening

https://twitter.com/alessianovelli2/status/1121030314028142598?s=21

There was also this gem earlier (translates as honour to Benito Mussolini). The Pizalle Loretto is where il Duce's corpse (along with other fascists) was hung & put on display for the public to vent their rage.

I'm heading to Rome at the end of May and looking to get tickets to Roma-Parma while there.

I'm assuming it'll be easy enough to get tickets, but just wondering if anyone has been to the Olimpico before and what the best way to go about getting them is (seems you can do it online, although I'm not sure if this is just a case of using a phone, having to print them, or pick them up from somewhere). Also what the options are for getting to the stadium, as it looks pretty far out.

I'm heading to Rome at the end of May and looking to get tickets to Roma-Parma while there.
I'm assuming it'll be easy enough to get tickets, but just wondering if anyone has been to the Olimpico before and what the best way to go about getting them is (seems you can do it online, although I'm not sure if this is just a case of using a phone, having to print them, or pick them up from somewhere). Also what the options are for getting to the stadium, as it looks pretty far out.
Tram from piazza del popolo will take you just across the river from the ground. Follow the crowds. Number 30 something maybe but Google will confirm.

Best buying tickets in advance online. Some wee shops sell them but for convenience, you can go online. Roma sell them direct on their website now

26 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Tram from piazza del popolo will take you just across the river from the ground. Follow the crowds. Number 30 something maybe but Google will confirm.

Best buying tickets in advance online. Some wee shops sell them but for convenience, you can go online. Roma sell them direct on their website now

Yeah, I was having a look at their website and seems easy enough to buy - I just wondered if it was going to be an e-ticket, print it yourself job or if I'd have to go and pick up actual physical tickets from somewhere.

Sounds good for the transport, thanks.

Yeah, I was having a look at their website and seems easy enough to buy - I just wondered if it was going to be an e-ticket, print it yourself job or if I'd have to go and pick up actual physical tickets from somewhere.
Best to print them here. They won't accept it on a phone. Also, it's the number 2 tram from pizza del popolo. About a ten minute walk to the ground from there. Bit longer if you're in the far side

9 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Best to print them here. They won't accept it on a phone. Also, it's the number 2 tram from pizza del popolo. About a ten minute walk to the ground from there. Bit longer if you're in the far side

Great, cheers.

I notice the Curva Sud is sold out already. Assume the ultras aren’t a big fan of tourists anyway, so maybe best not to be in there even if it was an option. Think we’ll go with the Tribune Tevere.

Edited by Nightmare

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I notice the Curva Sud is sold out already. Assume the ultras aren’t a big fan of tourists anyway, so maybe best not to be in there even if it was an option. Think we’ll go with the Tribune Tevere.

Curva Sud aren't even a fan of their own, been numerous tear up's in the past couple matches between the groups. 

As for Lazio last night, Italian FA really need to come out and do something (banning fans from the final would be my idea), however I can't see them doing anything apart from the usual fine. I follow a lot of Lazio fans on Instagram etc, and some of the posts that were going up throughout yesterday were horrific. This isn't just members of the Irriducibili either, this is your average fan. I have mentioned it before,  "Football, Fascism and Fandom: The UltraS of Italian Football" is a very good read and insight into Fascism and Racism in Italian football, but specifically in regards to the two teams in Rome. 

Lazio V Atalanta in the final in Rome, that will be an absolute riot. 

Lazio still looking for revenge after incidents in Frankfurt which Atalanta were part of. 

Edited by LondonHMFC