Italian Football Thread

Kris.

On 30/03/2019 at 08:57, DiegoDiego said:

Just to pay Devil's advocate to the idea that football is only expensive in the UK, the cheapest ticket for Frosinone vs SPAL tomorrow is €50. (That said, Fiorentina vs Torino tickets start at €10.)

its pricey in spain too

that said,football in Scotland is ridiculously expensive for whats on offer

It’s a bad situation when players are being racially abused without any provoking. I agree with what Bonucci has said apart from the 50/50 bit, it’s just that he worded it badly. It wasn’t smart of Kean to do that as it only generated a bigger reaction from the crowd, but there is no way you accuse him of being at fault for being abused.

It’s a tough one to find a fix for because these people clearly have wrong opinions and are maybe unaware that their opinions are wrong. Education is the only way forward but that’s almost impossible to completely implement.

11 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Kean and Matuidi badly abused by the Cagliari racists tonight. Bonucci's trying to put blame on Kean. Worrying times when one of your most influential teammates doesn't even have your back.

Allegri has also put blame on Kean.

He should be looking to get out of that cesspit of a club immediately.

2 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Allegri has also put blame on Kean.

He should be looking to get out of that cesspit of a club immediately.

Think that's a bit harsh on Allegri.

He specifically said he wasn't justifying "the idiots in the crowd" and that they should be banned for life.

I think what he meant, as the manager, is that players shouldn't react to the crowd. Understand it's different when it's racism, but I don't think it's remotely on the same plane as what Bonucci said.

Bonucci said the blame was shared. Allegri said those who were racially abusing Kean should be identified and banned for life, and that what they did couldn't in any way be justified.

Absolutely terrible post. As, I’m assuming, a white man, there is absolutely no way you can tell a black man what he can and cannot do after being racially abused. I’d have been giving the racist cretins pelters as well if I’d scored in front of them in those circumstances.
Reminds me of Talksport (I know,) discussing Sterling and Hudson-Odoi and how mature the reaction was in Montenegro because they let the football talk and how walking of the park isn’t the answer. White people do not get to decide what the answer is, or what the correct reaction is. 

Exactly, the fact was he was being racially abused all game, had that been happening to me and I scored in the 85th minute I would have gone full Adebayor, get it right up the racist p***ks.

Fair play to him. I wish more players would consider playing abroad rather than perfunctory chasing of an English League 1 or 2 club. Playing football in a warm beautiful country, change of culture, learn new language, better food and lifestyle, surrounded by wids. 

interesting (sic) bit of trivia - and i'm not trying to make any sort of point other than the "historical curiosity" angle here; obviously, hellas are generally considered as the right wing nutters in Verona, and quite rightly so given recent history, but i found out today that Chievo were actually founded as the 'footballing wing' of the OND, who were basically the local sporting branch of the fascist party; more interesting still, the other pursuits that they espoused for young men back in the 1920's were  tug of war and tambourine playing  :lol: