Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Monchi seems to be touted to end up in England somewhere? Obviously did a good job at Sevilla but you wouldn't say there's been any improvement at Roma. That goalie they signed to replace Alisson is rotten.

He looked good in the World Cup though. Which as everyone knows is am excellent measure of player talent...

Do you forsee Ranieri getting the job long term or will the club look elsewhere?
Not a chance. As mentioned, it's tough for Italian clubs to get managers in mid season season so he's in as a safe pair of hands til summer. He's Roman, popular with the fans and will steady the ship. Similar to Lennon at celtic in the sense that it was a convenient move for both parties with two managerial departures aligning

22 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Guardiola has it good.

From Barcelona to Bayern to Man city to potentially Juventus.

Wish he would try a team mid table somewhere and see how he gets on

He failed at Bayern, so it's not as if hes a success everywhere he goes.

Some result for SPAL
That's them beaten Roma home and away this season. Lately they've been playing well but without getting results. With Cagliari and Bologna winning though they'll need to keep it up. Juventus aside, it's quite an exciting league this year.

SPAL deserved the win. Roma didn't really offer much. I'm not convinced by Schick and Dzeko has had a poor season. Another summer of change is needed for then.

Both penalties were pretty soft I thought. One thing I hate about VAR is the amount of games that have six minutes additional time in the first half.

15 minutes ago, Kris. said:

Inter have actually looked competent tonight. Still fancy another goal in this.

Or not. Great game though. Great block to deny Cutrone at the end, Milan were shit for a lot of the game but probably deserved a point.

23 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's them beaten Roma home and away this season. Lately they've been playing well but without getting results. With Cagliari and Bologna winning though they'll need to keep it up. Juventus aside, it's quite an exciting league this year.

SPAL deserved the win. Roma didn't really offer much. I'm not convinced by Schick and Dzeko has had a poor season. Another summer of change is needed for then.

Both penalties were pretty soft I thought. One thing I hate about VAR is the amount of games that have six minutes additional time in the first half.

Yeah, agree, SPAL have something about them. Their work rate is great & you could see what the win meant to everyone at the end of the game.