Italian Football Thread

Kris.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some journalists claiming hes agreed to sign for Juventus. What a shite transfer that would be for the league.

Hamsik leaving Napoli just feels wrong 

Juve dominance for foreseeable,alas.

I'm a subscriber to eleven sports,I'm seething that they changed the t&C's to lose serie A midway through the season but id be more gutted if it was la Liga that was going-serie A has been dead as a title race since autumn

Edited by highlandcowden

Bit of a clusterfuck in the Cuneo-Pro Piacenza match in Serie C.

To give a bit of background, none of the Pro Piacenza coaching staff or players have been paid for months and have walked out on the club. Something similar has happened to Matera, who also play in Serie C. Italian football rules state that if you don't turn up for 4 games, you get punted out the league.

Pro Piacenza had not turned up for 3 games but turned up today with 7 youth players. Their new manager is their captain, who is 19 years old.

At half time, it was Cuneo 16-0 Pro Piacenza.

Also, the match was delayed for nearly an hour. Bizarre stuff all round.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

11 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

On a positive note, they have 8 games in hand, Pro Piacenza. :lol:

As do Entella, have 8 games in hand, in the same division, although Entella aren't firmly rooted to the bottom.

Entella have 8 games in hand because they didn't know whether they'd be playing in Serie B or C this season. Shambles. They played the first round of Serie C games on 17th September and then were left in limbo until 4th November because the league couldn't decide whether Entella would fill one of the missing slots in Serie B or stay in Serie C. In the end, Entella stayed in C and Serie B ran with 19 teams. The same happened to Viterbese, who have 4 or 5 games in hand.

9 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Entella have 8 games in hand because they didn't know whether they'd be playing in Serie B or C this season. Shambles. They played the first round of Serie C games on 17th September and then were left in limbo until 4th November because the league couldn't decide whether Entella would fill one of the missing slots in Serie B or stay in Serie C. In the end, Entella stayed in C and Serie B ran with 19 teams. The same happened to Viterbese, who have 4 or 5 games in hand.

Crazy stuff.

The lower Italian league's are a bit of a basket case. Points deductions all over the place too.

4 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Crazy stuff.

The lower Italian league's are a bit of a basket case. Points deductions all over the place too.

When it comes to finances, Italian football authorities are probably the strictest in Europe. That's why there's so many points deductions and clubs who aren't allowed to register for certain leagues. I'm sure I remember reading that it used to cost about 350,000 Euros to register for Serie C and 200,000 Euros to register for Serie D.

1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

When it comes to finances, Italian football authorities are probably the strictest in Europe. That's why there's so many points deductions and clubs who aren't allowed to register for certain leagues. I'm sure I remember reading that it used to cost about 350,000 Euros to register for Serie C and 200,000 Euros to register for Serie D.

Aye, they had to after the match fixing stuff years ago, juventus etc.

I remember reading the book, Miracle of Castel di Sangro years ago and their journey through the tiers. Great book & a good insight (for that period in time)

It gets even more odd. They only had 6 players initially because one of the players had forgotten to bring ID proving who they were. That would have meant that the game would have been forfeited and Pro Piacenza would have been booted out the league. To stop this happening, the club masseuse was forced to play 75 minutes until he had to go off with cramp! :lol:

The other player returned by the 60th minute and they had 8 men on the pitch between 60th-75th minute.

Pro are probably still going to get booted out the league - the FIGC are saying that some of their players had not been registered for today and therefore this would constitute a fourth consecutive forfeit.

*edit* the young players are not part of the Pro Piacenza youth team, which has already been disbanded. Appears to just be 7 random players.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

It gets even more odd. They only had 6 players initially because one of the players had forgotten to bring ID proving who they were. That would have meant that the game would have been forfeited and Pro Piacenza would have been booted out the league. To stop this happening, the club masseuse was forced to play 75 minutes until he had to go off with cramp! :lol:

The other player returned by the 60th minute and they had 8 men on the pitch between 60th-75th minute.

Pro are probably still going to get booted out the league - the FIGC are saying that some of their players had not been registered for today and therefore this would constitute a fourth consecutive forfeit.

*edit* the young players are not part of the Pro Piacenza youth team, which has already been disbanded. Appears to just be 7 random players.

Incredible

I used to have a soft spot for Treviso in the early 2000's when they made up to the top Italian divisions briefly.

Numerous name changes, going bust, 3 re-formations sees them in the wilderness of the Promozione level. Sad

5 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Incredible

I used to have a soft spot for Treviso in the early 2000's when they made up to the top Italian divisions briefly.

Numerous name changes, going bust, 3 re-formations sees them in the wilderness of the Promozione level. Sad

They got promoted to Eccellenza last season. Unfortunately, they're bottom of their group this season. They're currently owned by some English mob looking to bring them back to the professional leagues again. Needless to say, 9 points in 23 games is not an ideal start.

I've seen Treviso a couple of times this season and they are indeed pish. There was also a bit of a trouble when they went to Motta to play Liventina. They're the only team at that level who regularly have police at their games despite not actually having that many fans. Hopefully Portogruaro go up to replace them, they're a much better run club.