Italian Football Thread

Kris.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Cheers. Take it that's the DAZN equivalent of the BT Goals Show we see on Champions League nights?

yup - it's the DAZN "zona gol" stream; same as the bundesliga thing thats on of a saturday - would appear that it's just the uk that can't be trusted with a live goals package...

another take on the violence and racism; smacks a bit of sensationalist 'my forthcoming book' advertorial (using out of date figures for the comment about attendances for a start - really ???) but at least he touches on the broader, societal issues and attitudes...

Fascism is thriving again in Italy – and finding its home on the terraces

liam henderson sets up the first goal for Hellas away at Foggia - crackin' player, but the floppy hair needs sorting [emoji4]
live stream: https://www.youtube.com/(delete this bit)watch?v=A0_A6i4MCmk
image.png.bafcd248f7ff798e5660ce7fe53bb4a9.png

The Henderson situation seems a bit odd. Grosso clearly rated him when brining him to Verona and whenever I saw any of their matches live on YouTube he seemed to be playing well enough and chipping in with a few goals and assists. I then didn't see many games for a spell but when I got back into the Serie B games he never seemed to feature. Glad he's back in the team though.

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The Henderson situation seems a bit odd. Grosso clearly rated him when brining him to Verona and whenever I saw any of their matches live on YouTube he seemed to be playing well enough and chipping in with a few goals and assists. I then didn't see many games for a spell but when I got back into the Serie B games he never seemed to feature. Glad he's back in the team though.

seen his interview on BT sports (just before christmas) ?

Liam Henderson reflects on Italy switch

Grosso - and the team - lost their way in October, and Liam was benched in favour of Mattia Zaccagni after a hiding at Brescia; worked his way back in to the starting line up for today and looking good !

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Calls on the Italian FA to charge Roma after the below stickers were put up all round the city. 

Off to Naples next week for the Lazio game, a place I've never been. Anyone been before? 

Screenshot_20190109-171600_Twitter.jpg

been there but it was 27 years ago.mental,vibrant city,people friendly as they tend to be in southern Italy but,as always,keep your wits about you

iirc ,the Mergallina district at the western end of the bay was lovely and the pizza must be tried

BTW just noticed that the Coppa Italia is on BT Sport this season.

Ahem...

After years of being on Sky when BT had Serie A, it appears BT now have the Coppa Italia rights despite losing the league rights to eleven sports. Torino v Südtirol (currently 9th in Serie C Girone B [North-East]) tonight on BT Sports 1. Watched a wee bit of Samp v SPAL last night on a Rai Uno feed, which was decent enough but eerie with no fans visible behind one goal or the stand opposite the cameras.

Hitler's deid, etc. [emoji14]