Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Really? I thought the Free Agent deadline was usually a couple of months after the transfer deadline (based purely on Football Manager knowledge)
Only of they'd been released before the end of the window though. Not sure how the staggering of the windows across Europe will affect that mind you.

Ospina goes to Napoli on loan:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45227945

Strange one given that they've just signed Karnezis and Meret from Udinese. Unless the plan is to send Meret out on loan again.

Also, Marchisio cuts quite a dashing figure. Definitely off to join the handsome contingent at Falkirk.

*edit* seems that Meret is injured and Karnezis has been fairly mince, which would explain why Ospina has been brought in.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Great first half between Sassuolo and Inter, with Sassuolo 1-0 up. Inter have been awful, particularly in midfield, but still fancy them to get back in this. Torino v Roma was equally good in the earlier game, peach of a finish from Dzeko to win it. Parma currently 1-0 up on Udinese at  HT. :)

buzzin' far more for the (meaningful) start of Serie B than for Rovers' flaccid efforts so far this season; 10 minutes to half time in the season open v Padova (one of this season's local derbies) and it's 1-1 in an open, entertaining game; 2,000 odd travelled with the Biancoscudati so the atmosphere is great too - DAZN coverage via a stream from Reddit - pretty good so far...

ETA1 - Hellas hanging on - they appear to be fairly lively going forward, but shite at the back; Liam Henderson wearing an alice band....

ETA2 - Henderson off ten minutes in to the second half - not done much, but possibly on the grounds of sartorial elegance...

ETA3 - who knew - the translation of the Padova goalscorer's name - and Fabrizio of that ilk - Ravanelli, is "radishes" ^_^

ETA4 - almost nicked it right at the death, but 1-1 it ends - not great, against a Padova side fresh out of Serie C but early days yet - away to Cosenza next up...

Edited by Herman Hessian

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'd never heard of this DAZN mob til I saw an article in la Republica saying that they had 3 Serie A games and all the Serie B. Take it Mediaset lost all their football then?

seems like they're all in bed with one another, so to speak - typical Berlusconi goings on...

Italian broadcaster Mediaset has struck a deal for subscribers to its Premium Calcio pay-television package to have access to digital sports-media company Perform’s DAZN OTT service.

The deal secures coverage of the Serie A and Serie B Italian football leagues for Premium Calcio subscribers, with three top-tier matches and all second-tier games available via the platform, according to Sport Mediaset.

Perform has acquired exclusive coverage of a total of 114 matches per Serie A season on a platform-neutral basis from 2018-19 to 2020-21.

The length of the deal with Mediaset, which will begin on August 1, was not disclosed.

It will cost €19.90 per month to subscribe to the Premium Calcio service.

According to the Reuters news agency, Perform is also close to securing a similar deal with pay-television broadcaster Sky, which remains the primary live rights-holder of Serie A football for the next three seasons.

Edited by Herman Hessian

That's still a bit of a slap in the face for Mr Bunga-Bunga. Sky also have the Champions League back after it had been on Mediaset (Gigi Buffon's wife is hosting their live show) and it seems DAZN are getting mostly the run of the mill games on a Sunday whereas Mediaset used to have all the big teams playing each other. Not that it matters to me I suppose living in Scotland but if I ever win the Euromillions I'm moving out there quick sharp.

Also read that the Genoa ultras asked for silence for the first 43 minutes of the game at home to Empoli. One minute for every victim of the Ponte Morandi disaster. Occasional applause when they attacked and scored (twice) but seemingly very quiet until the end of the 43rd minute when singing started and flags were unfurled.

Also read that the Genoa ultras asked for silence for the first 43 minutes of the game at home to Empoli. One minute for every victim of the Ponte Morandi disaster. Occasional applause when they attacked and scored (twice) but seemingly very quiet until the end of the 43rd minute when singing started and flags were unfurled.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/27/genoa-fans-stay-silent-to-honour-victims-of-bridge-collapse?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other