Italian Football Thread

Kris.

21 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

anyone know how to get this eleven sports network serie a and la liga will be next year

Their Twitter page posts some vague details every now and then. As it stands you can stream it on their website or through an Apple/Android app (they claim to be in talks to get it on TV too). Prices supposedly announced next week.

Looking likely it won't be on actual tv in the immediate future, which is a bit annoying. My computer is too old to stream things properly so would be reduced to a tablet. If the price is reasonable though I might go for it. Apparently in some countries they have an option of just paying for individual games.

Looking likely it won't be on actual tv in the immediate future, which is a bit annoying. My computer is too old to stream things properly so would be reduced to a tablet. If the price is reasonable though I might go for it. Apparently in some countries they have an option of just paying for individual games.

They may license the games out to another tv channel as they do in some regions. Would be BT I assume if they went down this route.

those fixtures are provisional to  a degree; the Chievo situation has still not been clarified; initially, the case against them was dropped due to an error in the presentation by the "prosecution" (their figures detailing the misappropriated funds was wrong by €25 million o thereabouts - heh); Crotone - who stand to be reinstated in to Serie A if Chievo are relegated have however started their own legal action and have forced a review of the case; all going to be clarified by next weekend, by all accounts...

a new club has been formed in Bari; not sure if that signals an end to their efforts to appeal the insolvency of the original set up though; henderson and half of the remaining squad are still not official Hellas players yet (four moves pending), as Bari (old club)'s status has not been confirmed - again - to be resolved by next Saturday at the latest, probably sooner...

on the upside - first meaningful game of the season tonight - Casertana v Picerno in the Coppa Italia - yay  :thumsup2

Mattia Caldara and Leonardo Bonucci swapping from Juventus to Milan and vice versa respectively. Milan also picking up Higuain on loan for around £18 million with an option to buy him for an additional £35 million.

Edited by RiG

Herman was kind enough to enlighten me regarding the situation of Bassano and Vicenza-whatever-they-are-called now, but I don't understand why the owner is fusing both clubs now that Vicenza has gone bust. Couldn't he have just bought the old club outright whenever he wanted in the past?

Italian football is confusing, man.

2 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Herman was kind enough to enlighten me regarding the situation of Bassano and Vicenza-whatever-they-are-called now, but I don't understand why the owner is fusing both clubs now that Vicenza has gone bust. Couldn't he have just bought the old club outright whenever he wanted in the past?

Italian football is confusing, man.

I'm sure Herman's explanation was comprehensive, but there's another here: https://www.football-italia.net/122182/official-vicenza-merge-bassano

I don't think you can own two clubs in the same division due to conflict of interest concerns, so he'd have had to sell Bassano to buy Vicenza, whereas he could just pay €1m for the bankrupt club and merge the two, while preserving league status.

3 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

I'm sure Herman's explanation was comprehensive, but there's another here: https://www.football-italia.net/122182/official-vicenza-merge-bassano

I don't think you can own two clubs in the same division due to conflict of interest concerns, so he'd have had to sell Bassano to buy Vicenza, whereas he could just pay €1m for the bankrupt club and merge the two, while preserving league status.

in essence the fragrant Mr Rosso has used the rules to his advantage;  Bassano Virtus finished 8th in Serie C last season, Vicenza just about saved themselves from nailed on relegation by winning the "play-out" tie with Santarcangelo; however, under the terms of their bankruptcy, they would have had to  have started down in Serie D anyway;

Rosso already (basically) controlled Bassano Virtus,where his son was the chairman, and he has taken all the assets from Vicenza - both tangible elements such as the ground and the support - and intangibles such as their history and tradition, and rebranded them using Bassano's existing registration and Serie C status; the only part of Vicenza which he has actually walked away from is their "legitimate" Serie D status as a bankrupted club

at best, he's saved himself a year in the basement and pulled a fast one - at worst, it's duplicitous manoeuvering which has resulted in a perfectly viable club  - with their own history and support - being needlessly trashed and the core values of football being trampled in to the ground with no penalty for bankruptcy being properly applied to the "guilty party"

it should really be the case that any future mergers along the same lines see the new entity take whichever is the lower league position of the two clubs involved - even if that club has ceased to exist, though I obviously reserve the right to change my mind about this the next time that Hellas go down the pan and subsequently merge with Virtus Verona or Povegliano...

28 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

in essence the fragrant Mr Rosso has used the rules to his advantage;  Bassano Virtus finished 8th in Serie C last season, Vicenza just about saved themselves from nailed on relegation by winning the "play-out" tie with Santarcangelo; however, under the terms of their bankruptcy, they would have had to  have started down in Serie D anyway;

Rosso already (basically) controlled Bassano Virtus,where his son was the chairman, and he has taken all the assets from Vicenza - both tangible elements such as the ground and the support - and intangibles such as their history and tradition, and rebranded them using Bassano's existing registration and Serie C status; the only part of Vicenza which he has actually walked away from is their "legitimate" Serie D status as a bankrupted club

at best, he's saved himself a year in the basement and pulled a fast one - at worst, it's duplicitous manoeuvering which has resulted in a perfectly viable club  - with their own history and support - being needlessly trashed and the core values of football being trampled in to the ground with no penalty for bankruptcy being properly applied to the "guilty party"

it should really be the case that any future mergers along the same lines see the new entity take whichever is the lower league position of the two clubs involved - even if that club has ceased to exist, though I obviously reserve the right to change my mind about this the next time that Hellas go down the pan and subsequently merge with Virtus Verona or Povegliano...

Just merge with Associazione Calcio ChievoVerona, only need to add a space for that one ;)

legal goings-on update:

Bari and Avellino both have their appeals rejected - the former's bankruptcy is confirmed, and it's relegation to Serie C for the latter; Bari's players freed up to sign with other clubs, which means that Henderson to Hellas (along with half his former team-mates) can now be completed

Chievo's hearing delayed for 24 hours - Luca Campedelli was ill (had to present a doctor's certificate !) and could not attend the proceedings, hence the delay

ETA Novara and Catania have been restored back to Serie B to fill the gaps left by Bari and Avellino

Edited by Herman Hessian

£5.99 a month, or £59.99 a year (£49.99 if bought in August). Online only though there are apps available for iPads etc.

A decent price but not being on tv is probably a deal breaker for me. Watching football on a small laptop or tablet screen is just annoying.