Italian Football Thread

Kris.

€100m is a drop in the ocean compared to the commercial value of having Cristiano Ronaldo at your club. Juventus will make enough money to cover the transfer fee and his wages for the duration of his contract and a lot more long before the end of his contract and will reap the rewards long after he leaves the club.

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

€100m is a drop in the ocean compared to the commercial value of having Cristiano Ronaldo at your club. Juventus will make enough money to cover the transfer fee and his wages for the duration of his contract and a lot more long before the end of his contract and will reap the rewards long after he leaves the club.

Yep, the share price has rocketed in the past week. Won't lose out certainly. 

On a personal note, just renewed my Lazio ST, €70 deduction so only cost  €200 this season which is pretty reasonable. 

who the hell are they?

Owned by Leeds chairman. Already have numerous rights to various sports/league in Europe, Asia & America. They either show on their platforms or license out to others to show. In UK they have two channels coming August but nothing confirmed as per subscription cost. Noteably they've already wrangled La Liga from sky sports. 

Disappointing to say the least - I'd just about got over the loss of the European Football Show!  The Serie A games were usually good, especially with a bit of VAR thrown in, and would've been even more interesting with Ronaldo this season.

21 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Owned by Leeds chairman. Already have numerous rights to various sports/league in Europe, Asia & America. They either show on their platforms or license out to others to show. In UK they have two channels coming August but nothing confirmed as per subscription cost. Noteably they've already wrangled La Liga from sky sports. 

that's a bit of a scunner as I get bt sport for free.laliga and serie a might be worth a subscription though,depends on what theyre looking for,though

Gutter. Really got back into Serie A last season, now that's been taken away :( 

Are Eleven Sports biting off more than they can chew, or are La Liga and Serie A enough of a draw to prompt people to flock to them? 

I'm doing this off the top of my head, but is this the current standing of rights in the UK?

SKY:

• Premier League/EFL
  • Scottish Premiership
  • Eredivise 
  • MLS

BT:

• Premier League
  • SPFL
  • Bundesliga
  • Ligue 1
  • A-League

Eleven Sports: 

• La Liga
  • Serie A

Sky have the Chinese Super League as well. BT cover some 2.Bundesliga also & have Vanarama Conference. Freesports are thing too and have the following:

Primeria Liga (Portgual)

First Division A (Belgium)

Segunda Division (Spain)

League Of Ireland Premier (ROI)

Shite news. I subscribe to BT for Scottish football, and like Italian football enough to watch it on there but not enough to justify subscribing to another service.

Edit: don't even seem to have the ability to get Eleven Sports on my Tv anyway so couldn't get it anyway.

When will the fixtures be announced for the forthcoming season? I'd like to go a match for the first time, though I suspect you'll now be fucked for getting a ticket at the Allainz anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

When will the fixtures be announced for the forthcoming season? I'd like to go a match for the first time, though I suspect you'll now be fucked for getting a ticket at the Allainz anytime soon. 

Was told it will be a week today. 

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
6 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:
Is that from this season? 
Is Eleven TV a subscription service? 

It is. Eleven are launching two TV channels in August. Cost of subscription is currently unknown.

Apparently only online streaming. If that’s the case then can’t see many people wanting to watch the matches on laptop etc. 

A6DB17DF-4469-4F42-A878-AB4E37BADB9A.png

4 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Apparently only online streaming. If that’s the case then can’t see many people wanting to watch the matches on laptop etc. 

A6DB17DF-4469-4F42-A878-AB4E37BADB9A.png

that's good news - means that kindly, community-spirited folk will be able to relay the content allowing anyone with a modicum of interweb-savvyness to watch games for free, same way as they can at the moment; they'll presumably be HD streams, so you'll be able to cast them to your TV or desktop and watch in fine style without putting  single penny in to the coffers of Radrizzani and Leeds United - excellent !

So Christiano Ronaldo is officially unveiled by Juventus today.  Watch Juve win everything there is to win with him in their team just so he can say he has won everything he can with 3 clubs.

I may think he's a diving, whining c**t but respect he's an amazing player

Bari have officially failed to register for SerieB, so after 110 years of history they must restart in the amateur leagues.

Sad news

Cesena have also been barred from Serie B due to financial reasons.

http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=www.football-italia.net#article/footballitalia-124586&menu=news-all