Italian Football Thread

Kris.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any other club, or player, and you'd call them mad for spending that amount on someone whos 33.

Juventus seem to have a knack of making good transfer decisions though (who oversees these by the way? As someone who's not hugely observant, they do honestly seem to be almost flawless in the transfer market), and Ronaldos Ronaldo. 

The guy who oversees it is the general manager Giuseppe Marotta, who is the living embodiment of the troll face meme.

But yeah, you'd have to say him and Monchi, along with whoever does the job at Atletico Madrid, must be the best in the business.

148475019.0.jpg

Bit of a surprising move. I always thought Real Madrid would keep him until retirement and make him a number 9 the older he gets. Maybe he fancies going and trying to win everything in another country. He's dragged RM to 3 Champions Leagues in a row, if he did the same with Juventus just once there would surely be no doubt that he's the GOAT? 

25 minutes ago, Michael W said:

£20m profit on a player who'll be 36 in just over 2 years. Madrid must be pissing themselves. 

I'm unsure. Who are they going to get who'll even come close to his output? 

Mbappé would make sense in the long term, but if the Hazard rumours are true, I suspect we'll be thinking Juve got the best of this transfer saga.

I wonder what Juve are expecting. A similar output (more than a goal a game) over the four years? Couple of 40-goal seasons before a bit of a drop? For him to win them to Champions League. 

He's certainly capable of doing any of them, and if you're going to spend £100m on a 33-year-old, he's a decent pick.

I like Italian football, but there is plenty of shite in the top flight that he could pump. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm unsure. Who are they going to get who'll even come close to his output? 

Mbappé would make sense in the long term, but if the Hazard rumours are true, I suspect we'll be thinking Juve got the best of this transfer saga.

Mbappe's probably the only one who I can think of who could come close to 450 goals, if he stayed there for as long as Ronaldo. 

Lewandowski could probably match his tally from the last couple of seasons (mid-40s), but I can't see him reaching a great Ronaldo season, and he's also picked up a bit of a "bottler" tag.

Neymar would be fun. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

£20m profit on a player who'll be 36 in just over 2 years. Madrid must be pissing themselves. 

It’s about £8m in profit, it’s €100m (Euros) not £100m (pounds)

That’s about £88m, and they paid £80m IIRC

2 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

It’s about £8m in profit, it’s €100m (Euros) not £100m (pounds)

That’s about £88m, and they paid £80m IIRC

Even so, it's tremendous piece of business for Real.  

Ronaldo is a fantastic player and athlete but he should slow down a bit and take more time to recover from injuries.

The big question is whether PSG's financial fair play problems will require them to sell Mbappe on to Real. 

I think for Juve it’s basically going all in for the Champions League.

Beaten finalists twice in four years and probably only Ronaldo away from knocking out Real last year.

If they get two years out of Ronaldo and win the CL in that time then I think they’d consider the outlay to be worth it, then they can wave him off to China or MLS.