Italian Football Thread

Kris.

2 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Good point well made sir,  a few beverages have been consumed today in the sunshine and I got confused. Certainly felt like a cup final while hosting some Rangers-supporting mates as we put them out :)

Story checks out. The season that Parma pumped Marseille who had Laurent Blanc, a man I like due to his admittedly short spell at Napoli and heroics at Saint-Etienne, in their team.

To conclude, forza Parma (unless they beat Napoli or Celano (:lol:) next season) and f**k Marseille and Lyon.

54 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Story checks out. The season that Parma pumped Marseille who had Laurent Blanc, a man I like due to his admittedly short spell at Napoli and heroics at Saint-Etienne, in their team.

To conclude, forza Parma (unless they beat Napoli or Celano (:lol:) next season) and f**k Marseille and Lyon.

100% agreement there, Marseille are massive cheats and Lyon are the rivals of my French team, Grenoble Foot 38. Apologies in advance for digression and boring you all but I became a fan of Les Grenoblois while my girlfriend at the time was studying there, it's a beautiful French town at the foot of the Alps. She got a load of her friends to come to a game with us while I was over visiting her, against Valenciennes. It was possibly the worst 0-0 draw in pissing rain I've ever seen, bearing in mind I'm a Scottish football fan. I can barely speak a word of French but the highlight was being able to understand a song that our fans were singing about an opposition player whose name I recognised - Jean-Claude Darcheville, you guys may remember him - having a tiny er... male appendage. Anyway, yeh, f**k Lyon!

11 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

100% agreement there, Marseille are massive cheats and Lyon are the rivals of my French team, Grenoble Foot 38. Apologies in advance for digression and boring you all but I became a fan of Les Grenoblois while my girlfriend at the time was studying there, it's a beautiful French town at the foot of the Alps. She got a load of her friends to come to a game with us while I was over visiting her, against Valenciennes. It was possibly the worst 0-0 draw in pissing rain I've ever seen, bearing in mind I'm a Scottish football fan. I can barely speak a word of French but the highlight was being able to understand a song that our fans were singing about an opposition player whose name I recognised - Jean-Claude Darcheville, you guys may remember him - having a tiny er... male appendage. Anyway, yeh, f**k Lyon!

Definitely one to take across to the Ligue 1 thread rather than clogging up the Italian football thread but I see that Grenoble are on for consecutive promotions. Local(ish) derby against Bourg-Peronnas to go up. I like Saint-Etienne because...I forget why. Quite like Libourne and Luzenac too.

To get it back on track, Reina is off to AC Milan apparently. Buffon is leaving Juve. Could he be in Napoli colours next season? Apparently PSG want him. Maybe Donnarumma will return to his home(ish) city.

Apologies folks. First time on this thread, don't worry, won't make it a habit! I did have a question I meant to ask a while ago, if you'll excuse my ignorance. How does the Italian system work for Parma to go from Serie D to B, skipping C? Not complaining or anything, have briefly looked into it but thought I'd tap the P&B knowledge if no-one minds

48 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Apologies folks. First time on this thread, don't worry, won't make it a habit! I did have a question I meant to ask a while ago, if you'll excuse my ignorance. How does the Italian system work for Parma to go from Serie D to B, skipping C? Not complaining or anything, have briefly looked into it but thought I'd tap the P&B knowledge if no-one minds

They didn't. Won Serie D/D, won the Lega Pro (now Serie C again) playoffs to be promoted to Serie B. Incidentally, don't get me started on the Serie C playoffs. They're an utter shambles.

Fiorentina (or Florentia Viola as they were known then) skipped Serie C1 and were promoted straight to Serie B a few years ago based on their history when they won Serie C2. Likewise, you've had lower league teams like Sanremese win Eccellenza and skip Serie D to end up in Serie C2 for the same reason.

Ah right, makes a lot more sense now. I thought that Lega Pro sounded like it was below Serie D, then got confused (common theme emerging here!) when we went up to Serie B with no mention of C . Found it tricky to keep up with Parma's progress in the lower leagues. Many thanks for your patience and knowledge sir!

vicenza beat santarcangelo 2-1 in the first leg of the "play out";  Zoran Lesjak equalised for Santa', got booked for giving it to the home fans, then got a second yellow five minutes later - Vicenza scored immediately afterwards; second leg in Emilia-Romagna a week today....

gotta love the Casualmente Ultras - all fifteen of 'em  :thumsup2

Edited by Herman Hessian