Italian Football Thread

Kris.

I've missed every decent game this season in serie a! Only getting the last ten minutes here.

Also, echo the earlier sentiments about 'A season with hellas' by Tim Parks. Interesting insight into this Derby too and how Hellas feel about the noisy upstarts of Chievo

I've missed every decent game this season in serie a! Only getting the last ten minutes here.

Also, echo the earlier sentiments about 'A season with hellas' by Tim Parks. Interesting insight into this Derby too and how Hellas feel about the noisy upstarts of Chievo

Most games I've caught this season have been great. Only (non Aberdeen) games I've seen this season that have been good have involved an Italian team.

Goal disallowed after all that. Looked level to me but there you go.

Very good game that, especially considering one side played an entire half and more a man down. Verona will probably be fine if they can tighten up the defence a bit, Chievo will be comfortably mid-table.

On 10/8/2017 at 15:36, Allan Jacobsen said:

Problems afoot at Modena. They've not been allowed to play their last two home games by the local council because of outstanding debts. Both have resulted in automatic 3-0 defeats. They've lost all their league games so far this season. If they are unable to play their next home game then I believe they will get chucked out of Serie C.

I know it's incredibly wanky to quote your own posts but...

Modena have new owners. Unfortunately, the new owners don't want to pay them wages due from July, August and September - so the players have gone on strike and did not fulfil their fixture against Fano. Both Lega Pro and FIGC seem to be OK with this for some reason.

Their next home game is against Padova next weekend. Let's see if they turn up.

8 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Did I see that right? He got 2 yellows in 5 seconds or thereabouts?

If it was even as much as 5 seconds. Hilarious. The Udinese boy had him absolutely rattled to the point he ended up getting himself sent off over it. Shame about the scoreline though.

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I know it's incredibly wanky to quote your own posts but...

Modena have new owners. Unfortunately, the new owners don't want to pay them wages due from July, August and September - so the players have gone on strike and did not fulfil their fixture against Fano. Both Lega Pro and FIGC seem to be OK with this for some reason.

Their next home game is against Padova next weekend. Let's see if they turn up.

fell free - i'm struggling to find a source to keep up with the goings on there, so updates appreciated !

i see the Fano game is shown as being postponed, rather than having been awarded to Fano as a 3-0 win - so maybe there are developments afoot...

16 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

i see the Fano game is shown as being postponed, rather than having been awarded to Fano as a 3-0 win - so maybe there are developments afoot...

Lega Pro and FIGC seem to have allowed it. Even if Modena play the rest of the season, they're definitely getting relegated. They're an absolute mess.

59 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Lega Pro and FIGC seem to have allowed it. Even if Modena play the rest of the season, they're definitely getting relegated. They're an absolute mess.

didn't realise that they'd actually put a team out against Sudtirol a couple of weeks ago (and got beaten 1-3), before going back to forfeiting games again, then yesterdays "postponement"; new owners seem to be claiming that they are unable to pay the players as the club's bank accounts were frozen during the proesss of the takeover; players have quite rightly got the arse about things and refused to play - as you say - shambles !

42 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

didn't realise that they'd actually put a team out against Sudtirol a couple of weeks ago (and got beaten 1-3), before going back to forfeiting games again, then yesterdays "postponement"

That's because the Sudtirol game was played in Bolzano. The two forfeited games were home games. The council wouldn't let them play the games until they'd cleared their debts. They literally refused to let them unlock the gates.

In terms of how shambolic it is, it's not unlike Parma a few seasons ago. Only difference is that it's still early enough in the season to punt them out the league instead of the FIGC/other clubs loaning them money to get them through to the end of the season.

*edit* At about 7pm tonight, the new chairman said that a portion of the outstanding wages will be paid by 31st October and the rest paid by the middle of November. If the players don't like that then they'll be released. At about 9pm, the players said that they're entitled to that money and to get it to them pronto.

By the sounds of it, if they don't get their money by the time of the Padova game, they'll refuse to play the game - and of course that means they'll be booted out the league.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen