Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Second half was a lot better than the first, but still not great. Benevento are in a bad way, just don't look good at all. But it's perhaps unfair to judge them too harshly given they've had a relatively tough start - Roma, Inter, Napoli, Torino and Sampdoria all played already, they might even have gotten something tonight were it not for the red card. Still, they need a result and need it quick. With Fiorentina, Juve and Lazio all in their next 4 games, they might still be waiting a while yet.

11 hours ago, Kris. said:

Second half was a lot better than the first, but still not great. 

Yeah wasn't the greatest spectacle, but Hellas got the job done in the end. 

Just finished Tim Parkes book "A season with Verona", very good read for anyone interested in Italian football. 

Serie D side Turris Calcio will be without Giovanni Liberti for five games, after he urinated at Sarnese fans.

The match ended in a 3-3 draw, but the central midfielder has since been given a lengthy ban for something which occurred during a stoppage in play.

The disciplinary board found that Liberti “urinated in the direction of the away section, making absence and vulgar gestures to his genital organ”.

However, Turris have decided to appeal the ban, with the President releasing an angry statement.

“Unfortunately, once again, we find ourselves faced with an injustice,” Antonio Colantonio fumed.

“Our player Liberti absolutely did not do what is alleged. Quite simply in the warm-up area there’s a fountain near the wall and the player, ready to come onto the pitch, was drinking and adjusting his shirt, which by regulation should be inside his shorts.

“The serious thing is that in support of this ban there is only the testimony of the assistant referee positioned on the opposite side of the pitch.

“The visiting club confirmed to us that our player did not do anything of the sort. I’m bitter about the decision of the sporting court, against which we will appeal.”

It wasn’t the only five match ban in Serie D this week, as Francesco Ferrieri of Frattese was given the same sanction for kicking and punching the Nardo masseur.

http://www.football-italia.net/111535/bizarre-ban-serie-d

Italian fitba is great

Derby Della Scala coming up on Sunday lunchtime; no hope of Hellas salvaging anything from this other than an embarrassing hiding - but I do feel obliged to direct a quick GTF to A-Mac and JMDP in advance, purely for the sake of appearances

enjoy the game if you're watching it, chaps  :thumsup2

22552636_1130883733714381_32051266500944

....oh yeah, and  winker.gif.3e7c4336ba98a4f8b7200d480010bce7.gif

;)

Edited by Herman Hessian

18 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

Derby Della Scala coming up on Sunday lunchtime; no hope of Hellas salvaging anything from this other than an embarrassing hiding - but I do feel obliged to direct a quick GTF to A-Mac and JMDP in advance, purely for the sake of appearances

enjoy the game if you're watching it, chaps  :thumsup2

22552636_1130883733714381_32051266500944

....oh yeah, and  winker.gif

;)

I will indeed be watching. Should hopefully be a comfortable win but wouldn't be surprised at any result in this tbh.

ounas - what an utter c**t - someone needs to punch him straight in the mouth, knock out a few teeth and give him something to clutch his fucking face about

there are a great many things that annoy me, but that sort of fuckwittery is right up there...

that's it - 0-0 - good - if anyone knocks Juve off their pedestal, I hope it's not Napoli - set of twats...

Edited by Herman Hessian

cock - zuculini is a fucking liability - soft free kick, and mugged for the header too.....

edit: useless argentinian w****r winker.gif.3e7c4336ba98a4f8b7200d480010bce7.gif !

could do with pecchia subbing him before he does any more damage or gets sent off....

Edited by Herman Hessian