Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Ref gave Sampdoria a penalty there and over turned it, he blew right away and seemed confident, then almost immediantly overturned it after watching the replay. First time I've seen that in action - and I thought it was the penalty and the ref made the right call initially. :lol:

Atalanta v Juve has been decent. Juve dominated the opening 25/30 minutes or so, going 2-0 up, but Atalanta got one back relatively quickly and probably should have equalised since.

13 minutes ago, Kris. said:

Dybala penalty saved. Referee used VAR and still decided it should stand, never a penalty IMO.

very annoying that broadcasters don't seem to be able to show the contentious footage while it's under consideration - reduced my enjoyment of the VAR's comeback against Torino earlier considerably !

Edited by Herman Hessian

tell you what stands out when watching the elite-level teams nowadays - the fitness and conditioning - Juve are going for the win, last five minutes, and got nine blokes back behind the ball defending an Atalanta break - amazing...

edit: I think that may just stand out in stark contrast to watching the wheezing quadraplegics of Hellas and Rovers on a regular basis...

Edited by Herman Hessian

bah - things starting to pick up just in time for the poxy international break - arsebiscuits !

juve v lazio, roma v napoli, inter v milan and the first win of the season (sic) v benevento coming up in a fortnight's time - come on !

:thumsup2

Edited by Herman Hessian

Problems afoot at Modena. They've not been allowed to play their last two home games by the local council because of outstanding debts. Both have resulted in automatic 3-0 defeats. They've lost all their league games so far this season. If they are unable to play their next home game then I believe they will get chucked out of Serie C.