Italian Football Thread

Kris.

2-2 FT. Venezia got one back early in the second half then equalised with a penalty with a few minutes left. Second Half was a brutal watch, Parma offered nothing going forward. Needed to win today IMO if they wanted to win the league. Canini is a walloper.

Some afternoon in Serie A:

Cagliari 1-1 Bologna
Crotone 4-1 Empoli
Fiorentina 3-3 Genoa
Sampdoria 3-2 Roma
Sassuolo 0-2 Juventus
Udinese 2-1 Milan

Bologna had 2 men sent off in the last 3 minutes. Crotone won only their third game of the season. Fiorentina lead 2-0 and 3-2, but Bernadeschi was sent off late on for conceding a penalty, which Simeone scored - it was 1-0 at HT! Roma lead twice but still managed to throw it away. Juve won in the most uneventful of all the games. Milan threw away a lead as well to Udinese. Napoli v Palermo still to go, expecting Napoli to win by a couple at least.

Napoli were stunning tonight. As good an attacking display as you could hope to see. Bologna could have had a few goals themselves - if Destro scores that penalty it could have been a different game.

Insigne's goal - :wub:

Second highest Napoli goalscorer behind Maradona. I liked his first goal. Very difficult to be that accurate with a diving header.

As you say, it will be interesting to see what happens when Milik returns. He had a decent start to his Napoli career. I'm glad that they decided to keep Mertens and sell Gabbiadini. Gabbiadini, for all his talent, can be prone to the odd heads gone moment.

Milan lost at home to Samp. Have lost their last 3 games and haven't won in 4.

16 goals (and two missed penalties) between the Napoli & Lazio games, yet only 6 between the other 5! Palermo v Crotone at 5 with both teams in the relegation zone and looking doomed, then the big one tonight. Really fancy Inter to beat Juve tonight. Should be a cracker anyway. Roma v Fiorentina not played until Tuesday night.

33 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Good to see Calaio getting another goal. Definitely been a good signing for Parma. Pordenone have been doing well this season too from what I see. Could have gone above Parma had they beaten them today.

Even though I'm going to get a red from a certain person who seems to take offence every time I post about them, Celano won 3-2 away from home today. Morelli, Aureli and Curri. Aureli is 42 years old and actually scored 5 on his debut in a 9-1 victory over Balsorano.

Think a defeat today would have killed off any hopes Parma could have of winning the league. Venezia coming from behind to get a late winner earlier in the day, they'll be hard to dislodge at the top.

2 minutes ago, Kris. said:

Think a defeat today would have killed off any hopes Parma could have of winning the league. Venezia coming from behind to get a late winner earlier in the day, they'll be hard to dislodge at the top.

I think I said at the start of the season that Venezia would be somewhere near the top. However, they also have a habit of spending outwith their means. I wouldn't be surprised if they got promoted this season and then relegated the following season and ending up in Serie D or Eccellenza due to 'unforeseen financial issues'.