Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Thought Napoli were denied a pretty clear penalty for the high feet on Zielenski. My stream didn't have sound. Anyone know why it wasn't given? 

Mertens made a big impact off the bench. Strange that he didn't start.

Edited by lanky_ffc

50 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Thought Napoli were denied a pretty clear penalty for the high feet on Zielenski. My stream didn't have sound. Anyone know why it wasn't given? 

Mertens made a big impact off the bench. Strange that he didn't start.

No idea why they changed their mind. Maybe a foul from a Napoli player before the challenge on Zielinski was made? Only thing I can think of.

Mertens will never be a regular starter under Sarri. When it comes down to it, he isn't as good as Insigne who normally plays on the left. Good option for Napoli to have though.

Elsewhere, Berardi scores again and Sassuolo win, what a start to the season for him and them as a team. Crotone lost late on to Bologna on their debut, Lazio ended up hanging on to beat Atalanta & Inter got turned over by Chievo. Genoa ended up beating Cagliari 3-1 despite trailing with 12 minutes left & Samp won at Empoli. Great opening weekend.

Nice late winner to start the season for the Rossoblu. [emoji3]

As an aside, I was looking at the Coppa Italia format today. It seems that not only do eight sides receive a bye to the last sixteen, they are seeded to be kept apart in that round AND all drawn at home. What a load of shite.

Unless wikipedia is wrong, which is entirely possible I guess.

Yep, it looks like its going to be a long season for the Rosanero.  0-1 flattered us.  Some ridiculously undisciplined play with a stupid penalty and then Rajkovic getting sent off for a dismal tackle.

Not looking good.  The best you can say was Posavec had a decent game in goals.