Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

Clydebank is perhaps the only club (I think) in Juniors who once was part of the Professional Leagues. It should be of no surprise to anybody if they look to maybe one day try and get back there.

Arthurlie, Beith, Bo'ness and Vale of Leven are all teams off the top of my head who were in professional leagues previously but not during vast majority of supporters lifetimes so is a bit different from Clydebank who even as a younger supporter I can remember them in senior leagues, later stages of Scottish Cup and playing top senior teams regularly.

I'd love to see a West of Scotland Lowland League made up of Junior teams plus East Kilbride/Cumbernauld who if win league can be promoted to SPFL2.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Shannon said:

Arthurlie, Beith, Bo'ness and Vale of Leven are all teams off the top of my head who were in professional leagues previously but not during vast majority of supporters lifetimes so is a bit different from Clydebank who even as a younger supporter I can remember them in senior leagues, later stages of Scottish Cup and playing top senior teams regularly.

I'd love to see a West of Scotland Lowland League made up of Junior teams plus East Kilbride/Cumbernauld who if win league can be promoted to SPFL2.

Now that's a great idea!

Now that's a great idea!

Clydebank and others should push for this as the SFA I think well aware Lowland League East centric and could integrate full non league game in my opinion by this quite simply solution.

Could have 3 regional winners (Highlands, Lowland East and Lowland West) play off with bottom of SPFL2 just like they have in all other play offs with 4 teams. Would be a good move to fully integrate the pyramid with everyone happy maybe apart from bottom team of SPFL2 who would have 2 play off games to win.

Stenny and the Shire manage, Cumbernauld and Clyde manage as do Falkirk and Stirling Uni (and someone said EduSport play at Annan, so they manage). In all instances its not the LL club that have the primacy of tenancy - Clydebank and Yoker can I'm sure come to some sort of arrangement.
Games are moved to Fridays or Sundays where there is a clash,  Shire had Ochilview booked for last week but as Stenny then got a home game in the Scottish the Shire game was moved to Sunday.

I think the crucial part is that all the other examples you quote, both clubs are in the same association.

Imagine not supporting your team because of the grade of football they play on. Utterly absurd.

Totally agree. Will always follow The bankies, regardless of our place in scottish football. We would be a distant memory if it wasn’t for the juniors. Wouldn’t fancy being a mid table senior team playing the clubs who sold us down the river the last time but whatever happens will be the best thing for the club, and the real supporters will continue to follow regardless of the outcome.

You’ve no right to talk about real supporters lol arent you the dafty who got the tattoo? I’ve supported the club for 25 years and been involved in all manner of volunteering at various levels both senior and junior, take out various sponsorships and give everything I can to the club. The senior clubs didn’t sell us down the river and the club can’t sustain the losses if we remain junior. But don’t let that get in the way of your ill informed teary eyed reminiscing. I take it given you are a ‘real supporter’ you’ll be volunteering to fill my shifts at the xmas stall and at the next fundraiser. Again if you’re the person you claimed to be earlier on here i’ve hardly seen you at a game nor indeed a fundraiser, but yes you’re a ‘real supporter’.

Was it not the steadmans ( jack ) if I remember correctly who sold your / his own club down the river?

4 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Its quite a complicated tale, but yes the downfall started with the Steadmans, they sold the stadium to fund a new ground, but basically stole the assets to build a soccer academy in the USA, John Hall who was a front for a group of celtic fans led by David Low, arguably one of the biggest scumbags in football history. He failed in the attempt to send us to Dublin and put the club into administration out of spite, Low didnt like the protest activity and tried to hurt the club because his poor sensitive ego was bruised. A group led by John Viola and a guy called Mcghee were going to buy the club, im pretty sure the money came from a group of rangers/ex rangers players led by Viola and Barry Ferguson, but the bottom fell out of their funds so it didnt happen. A group of supporters had raised the money to buy the club from administration and made a bid which satisfied the creditors, however Ballantyne made a miraculous last minute bid that was slightly higher than our own and was in no way dodgy (allegedly) nor informed of our bid by anyone LOW enough to do such a thing (allegedly). Basically we were screwed as soon as Kilbowie was sold, I don’t blame the sfl for allowing Airdrie to take our place, they had the ground established and satisfied the financial checks etc. Incidentally people always think we went bust, that couldn’t be further from the truth, in the last season in senior football we actually made a very slight profit.

Wasn't there some sort of link up in there with a team called Dublin City? Think DC lasted a few seasons and then disappeared completely. Bit like Celtic Nation.

Its quite a complicated tale, but yes the downfall started with the Steadmans, they sold the stadium to fund a new ground, but basically stole the assets to build a soccer academy in the USA, John Hall who was a front for a group of celtic fans led by David Low, arguably one of the biggest scumbags in football history. He failed in the attempt to send us to Dublin and put the club into administration out of spite, Low didnt like the protest activity and tried to hurt the club because his poor sensitive ego was bruised. A group led by John Viola and a guy called Mcghee were going to buy the club, im pretty sure the money came from a group of rangers/ex rangers players led by Viola and Barry Ferguson, but the bottom fell out of their funds so it didnt happen. A group of supporters had raised the money to buy the club from administration and made a bid which satisfied the creditors, however Ballantyne made a miraculous last minute bid that was slightly higher than our own and was in no way dodgy (allegedly) nor informed of our bid by anyone LOW enough to do such a thing (allegedly). Basically we were screwed as soon as Kilbowie was sold, I don’t blame the sfl for allowing Airdrie to take our place, they had the ground established and satisfied the financial checks etc. Incidentally people always think we went bust, that couldn’t be further from the truth, in the last season in senior football we actually made a very slight profit.

You do well until you hit the last part. Airdrieonians had went bust so how the new lot can satisfy financial checks and anything else is beyond me. They had nothing other than a company name helse why Gretna were voted in before them. Airdrie United being allowed to buy our club and move it was the height if corruptness in the Scottish game and people like Bryan Jackson and Peter Donald should never be allowed any involvement in out game ever again. Jack Steedman & family asset stripped our club and let it die then cried crocodile tears when Jim b*****dtyne was allowed to buy it.

I’ve supported the club for 25 years and been involved in all manner of volunteering at various levels both senior and junior, take out various sponsorships and give everything I can to the club. The senior clubs didn’t sell us down the river and the club can’t sustain the losses if we remain junior. But don’t let that get in the way of your ill informed teary eyed reminiscing. I take it given you are a ‘real supporter’ you’ll be volunteering to fill my shifts at the xmas stall and at the next fundraiser. Again if you’re the person you claimed to be earlier on here i’ve hardly seen you at a game nor indeed a fundraiser, but yes you’re a ‘real supporter’. 

Do u need 2 be a real supporter to volunteer? Lol

Mon the papers

7 hours ago, theshed said:
  8 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:
You’ve no right to talk about real supporters lol arent you the dafty who got the tattoo? I’ve supported the club for 25 years and been involved in all manner of volunteering at various levels both senior and junior, take out various sponsorships and give everything I can to the club. The senior clubs didn’t sell us down the river and the club can’t sustain the losses if we remain junior. But don’t let that get in the way of your ill informed teary eyed reminiscing. I take it given you are a ‘real supporter’ you’ll be volunteering to fill my shifts at the xmas stall and at the next fundraiser. Again if you’re the person you claimed to be earlier on here i’ve hardly seen you at a game nor indeed a fundraiser, but yes you’re a ‘real supporter’.

Tut, tut Bishoptonbankie. You and I agree to disagree on the future of the club , we are all entitled to an opinion, and you seem to be a reasonable person. To diss a fellow supporter over what they do for the Bankies is pretty poor, and to personally insult them...................... 

I’ve supported the club for 25 years and been involved in all manner of volunteering at various levels both senior and junior, take out various sponsorships and give everything I can to the club. The senior clubs didn’t sell us down the river and the club can’t sustain the losses if we remain junior. But don’t let that get in the way of your ill informed teary eyed reminiscing. I take it given you are a ‘real supporter’ you’ll be volunteering to fill my shifts at the xmas stall and at the next fundraiser. Again if you’re the person you claimed to be earlier on here i’ve hardly seen you at a game nor indeed a fundraiser, but yes you’re a ‘real supporter’. 

Look mate wipe your tears, you’re the one saying you’ll stay away from the games if we remain in the juniors [emoji23] don’t know or care about who you are either to be fair, just going by what you’ve posted.

[emoji837][emoji836]️[emoji835]️

Its ok real fans like you will come to the occasional game and sort it!

Show me where I said you weren’t a real supporter. What I said was, real supporters will follow regardless. Why do you think you aren’t included in that? Are you alright? You weren’t even mentioned in my post [emoji23]

[emoji837][emoji836]️[emoji835]️

Archived