Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent game on Saturday. Deserved the win in the end, but McAnespie needs to work with the midfield as the game passed them by at times, they looked better once McAnespie put himself on and sat in the middle to give them a passing option. Still looks a decent player. I'd been slating Kasubandi and thinking he should be subbed for his wastefulness and ineffective forward play when he popped up with two late goals :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no problem with a player/manager but he is kidding himself on if he thinks he is a better option in midfield than nicky little or vezza. Had about 5 free kicks over hit and straight out the park on Saturday, got caught dithering in midfield leading to barclay getting sent off, which was a bit harsh in my opinion.Also thought the penalty was generous, not sure how you can jump and try and block the cross with your hands by your side.

Looked like two mid table teams slugging it out on Saturday and a draw would have been a fair result.

If and a big if Meadow can win our next two league games we will be up there challenging. Tough game against our local rivals next though.

When is the work getting started on your park? Lot of graffiti, terracing seen better days and only small pie shop upstairs available now for something to eat/drink in ground. You had a cracking programme and was a decent support enough there.

All the best for the rest of the season especially against the rest of top 6/7 teams [emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

By all accounts a decent performance and win on Saturday. Leaves us with a very outside chance of promotion, but realistically we need to win all of our remaining games to do it.

Our U19s play an all junior affair in the semi finals of the Scottish Cup this Sunday vs Beith. 12.30 ko at Petershill.

Good to see junior teams with youth setups hopefully see a few progress next few years. 

On 27.3.2017 at 11:17, Ross. said:

By all accounts a decent performance and win on Saturday. Leaves us with a very outside chance of promotion, but realistically we need to win all of our remaining games to do it.

Aye, maybe not then.

On 27.3.2017 at 22:11, Sweet Pete said:

Realistically, I can see it being similar to the end of last season, with a "close but not close enough" final league position, then a summer of the new coaching staff building their own squad.

I haven't seen enough of the side this season to really get a grip on where the problems are, but from what I have seen we aren't clinical enough and seem to throw the towel in if we go behind.

Archived